PDA

View Full Version : Blade Review with Lily Zhang | JOOLA Nobilis PBO-c

Dan
06-20-2019, 07:09 PM
What's up guys, today I'm joined alongside US Olympian Lily Zhang to review the blade she uses, the JOOLA Nobilis. Lily is awesome and was a great lot of fun!

Enjoy the review :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wHVnNVj5w

Have you tried this blade yet? Any questions let us know in the comments.

Loopadoop
06-20-2019, 08:49 PM
Was she using Joola Rubber or Tenergy ?

Dr Evil
06-20-2019, 09:09 PM
Rhyzer Pro 50 both sides.

yogi_bear
06-20-2019, 10:35 PM
Not surprised since Nobilis is more of a control blade. The feel is excellent and good enough power.

BryanY
06-21-2019, 04:12 AM
I’ve got a Nobilis and like it a lot so far. Extremely comfortable handle too. So far it has a nice balance of speed and control for me when looping and blocking. I do however understand what Dan is talking about the ball popping off quick during passive play.

Originally I had a sheet of Omega V Asia sitting in my basement that I decided to experiment with (2.0 mm) and I liked it way more than I thought it would.

My normal setup is a Stiga Infinity with Rhyzer 48 & 43, so I’m going to glue that on the Nobilis tonight and see how it goes.

@yogi_bear Have you tried the Butterfly Amultart blade? It has the same composition. I’m wondering how the two blades compare.

Dan
06-21-2019, 07:54 AM
Was she using Joola Rubber or Tenergy ?

Yeah Lily was using the Rhyzer 50 on both sides, she said she preferred the hardest version as it gets her more spin.

I’ve got a Nobilis and like it a lot so far. Extremely comfortable handle too. So far it has a nice balance of speed and control for me when looping and blocking. I do however understand what Dan is talking about the ball popping of quick during passive play.

Hey Bryan, nice! Yeah it's very comfortable extremely smooth finish. Yeah it's a pretty reactive blade, nice!

BryanY
06-21-2019, 08:48 PM
Also, LiLy’s backhand is really quick! I need to switch coaches. LoL [emoji12]

(Or just train more)

Konrad Bak
10-08-2019, 07:57 AM
Very good review

Dan
10-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Also, LiLy’s backhand is really quick! I need to switch coaches. LoL [emoji12]

(Or just train more)

Aha yes lots of training. Multi ball is also a great way to improve the backhand. Also I like doing backhand counter to backhand counter this is a good way to improve the backhand, if you can play your backhand in this situation, it becomes a lot easier to execute against a normal blocked ball :)

Very good review

Thanks Konrad! :)