mild injury

This user has no status.
My knees have been injured over a month ago. I still feel some minor cracking in the joints when I bend down and some nagging pain(not very serious) when I put weight on my legs. From what I've read it's best to do some mild exercise during rehabilitation so that my muscles do not grow weaker. Mostly I've been doing some mild stretches each day. I'm also taking medicine such as Glucosamine and calcium supplements to improve the situation. For TT practice(couldn't resist!), I'm standing mostly upright and practising a lot of short game techniques, particularly FH flips and BH over-the-table loops. Of course I'm using knee support to reduce my chances of aggravating the injury.

Do you think my rehabilitation programme is OK?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
It is important to take some time to rest, although I admire your determination to try and get out on the table. Perhaps take a week off and see if there are improvements with you knee. Good to see you taking precautions by using support for your knee and tailoring your training schedule

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
So many factors and possiblities in knee pain. Most common one for 35+ yrs old people is the patella tendon just below the kneecap. it is a major friction point that when the joint is old and used, gets easily irritated with weight and stress on the joint with planting and moving power. Sports like basketball and football become imposssible or darned close to it. You can try nutrition, but hte building blocks likely not reach the needed areas because of lack of capularies. maybe the stem cell treatment for top basketball players can work, but who hs that money for this?

You will seek and find your answer and of course, tell us all about it.