Need help people please!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
hey! i was wondering if you could help me...

this is the thing, i've asked the city hall where i live if i can propose a project to stablish table tennis as one of the disciplines that are practiced here! and they told me ok.

So i have to make a formal proposal and the sports departament of the city hall will evaluate if it is doable.

in order to do this is that i need some help.

where i live is a neighbourhood with plenty of old people and one of the things i want to say is table tennis is a sport that can be practiced at any age, i want to say too that is a cheap sport, almost injuries free,...

but i need more reasons (i mean facts about table tennis that make it a great sport to be practiced by the community), i have a coach that can teach here, i need many things...

thanks in advance and i'm looking forward to see how this grows!!!!

Best

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I have a few more points for you :
1. It keeps the kids of the street (I'm sure there are kids in the neighbourhood)
2. Healthy life style for the young and old.
3. Create stronger bonds between the generations.
4. Place where the older generations can meet up and socialize, rather than staying home watching the telly.
5. Keeps the crime rate low, since they all know what's going on in the community.
6. Create interest in the sport of TT
7. Have tournaments (see no3) - a team must have a good mix of young and old.

These are just at the top of my head at the moment. I'll let you know if I came up with others :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I have a few more points for you :
1. It keeps the kids of the street (I'm sure there are kids in the neighbourhood)
2. Healthy life style for the young and old.
3. Create stronger bonds between the generations.
4. Place where the older generations can meet up and socialize, rather than staying home watching the telly.
5. Keeps the crime rate low, since they all know what's going on in the community.
6. Create interest in the sport of TT
7. Have tournaments (see no3) - a team must have a good mix of young and old.

These are just at the top of my head at the moment. I'll let you know if I came up with others :)

man!, these are great ideas!!! i'll use almost all of them...great points man!, thanks a lot!!!

1. can be played indoors and wouldn't take a lot of space. a tennis court can already house about 8 tables.
2. good for both young and old as they enhance your brain, hand-eye coordination and helps prevent alzheimer's disease.
3. a good cardiovascular work out especially for overweight people and those with diabetes.
4. prone to less injury compared to other racket sports.
5. a good way to prove that table tennis is not just a nerd's sport! its a nerd sport with muscles and speed!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
-Relatively cheap sport, requires not much space as said, players can bring cheap material and have fun as much as experts with good materials.
-Used for Sport and Peace, so it is very suited to bring people together (for example playing with random doubles pairs).
-Already a very popular activity among older people in other countries. You'd be suprised if you knew how many members of a club are older people that play on a weekday's morning, have some coffee, and have fun.
So it is already clear that the sport is suited for every type of person if you look at the diversity of people that practise the sport worldwide at this moment.
In fact it is more the professional part of the sport that is unknown than the recreational part. But the recreational part can be very important for many many people.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
1. can be played indoors and wouldn't take a lot of space. a tennis court can already house about 8 tables.
2. good for both young and old as they enhance your brain, hand-eye coordination and helps prevent alzheimer's disease.
3. a good cardiovascular work out especially for overweight people and those with diabetes.
4. prone to less injury compared to other racket sports.
5. a good way to prove that table tennis is not just a nerd's sport! its a nerd sport with muscles and speed!

thanks a lot!!! great ideas!!! the space topic is really important to "implement this idea" thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
guys!!! i'm really thankful with your help!, i'm getting several ideas from your posts

please feel free to post more and more, the more info the more chances to get a "let´s do this" from the city hall (i'm not sure if it is called that way) anyway.. .i'm not profiting anything with this i just want to have a great place to practice and to make bonds with more people.

i have the teacher who said ok with the idea!!! so i'm proposing a way to learn and practice!!! if not... just a place to practice.

if this works i'll let you know immediatly!!!

thanks again and keep posting please!!!

Mar 2011
Sorry to keep you waiting dguerra. Here are some more: :)
1. It can be played in any type of weather since it's an indoor sports.
2. Any old buildings can be use to convert into a playing hall.
3. Unlike tennis or badminton, it doesn't need a building with high ceilings.
4. As for lightings, tubular lights would be enough since it doesn't need a spotlight to light a small area.
5. The TT centre can be operated by the community to generate a small income.
6. The building can be use as a community hall.
7. A small TT shop can operate as an income generator.
8. A small cafe/canteen run by the local community can be operated. Again, micro income for the community.
9. Help the council/authority by recycling old or unused buildings.
10. The hall can be use by the council to spread/inform the community of their latest news.
11. By having several halls in different part of the town will actually bring different communities from other parts together.

Hope these helps buddy:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
azlan!!!! thanks man!!! really great!!!

excellent idea mentioning the income thing...

i have a contact who is kinesiologist and he will help me on indicating which are the areas of the body involved on TT practicing, i want this to be a really great document.

if it works (or not) i will translate it to english and post it here so anybody can use it

maybe somebody is trying to do the same i am

people you are great!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The sport is not injury free, but with proper coaching and leisure play injuries can be kept to a minimum. For Community to really enjoy table tennis it's all about playing and competing. Helping each other get better and train to do just that. When you have 5 guys all competing for the number one seed they will really enjoy training with each other and learning how to beat one another.

Table Tennis is a great cardiovascular exercise for both the young and the old. It helps keep the reflexes sharp for both mental and physical aspects. Younger kids will learn a lot of hand and foot eye coordination.

It is primarily an indoor sport, but with the right type of resources could easily be played outside on a nice day.

With so many brands of TT rubbers and equipment out there it is very inexpensive to maintain and start up. You need some rackets and a table which can cost less than $500 USD if need be. Usually around $1000 is going to get you some top of the line tournament grade tables and some rackets, but if you're just getting started it's really just what you can get your hands on.

We started with 2 really crappy tables and now we just got 4 Tournament grade tables along with the 1 crappy table that we're hoping to keep. We've actually grown too big for our current place that we play. They can't give us the space we need, so we're moving into a larger gym at a Church.

It really is a perfect sport to teach anyone and everyone. There are so many sports that require you to learn when you are at the peak of your life, but with TT it's all about practicing and using your brain.

Mar 2011
if it works (or not) i will translate it to english and post it here so anybody can use it

maybe somebody is trying to do the same i am

people you are great!

Great Dguerra. It's very noble what you're doing. I know convincing the politicians and authorities are extremely difficult. One of the ways you can do is to get some politicians/influential people/reps who plays TT or interested in TT to be on your side.
Our voices as city dwellers can only go so far, no matter how good our paper works and proposals. More often than not, you're going to need these people to push the idea higher to the top level, the decision makers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Great Dguerra. It's very noble what you're doing. I know convincing the politicians and authorities are extremely difficult. One of the ways you can do is to get some politicians/influential people/reps who plays TT or interested in TT to be on your side.
Our voices as city dwellers can only go so far, no matter how good our paper works and proposals. More often than not, you're going to need these people to push the idea higher to the top level, the decision makers.

oh azlan you are so right!, as a matter of fact, i'm about to have a meeting with one of the polititians that are part of the 'comitee' in order to have a better entrance. It can be helpful because they always try to look proactive to the mayor and to the community so man... you've read my mind!!!

i hope this works!!

i'll let you know how are we going!

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Hey

Don't forget to mention it's an extremely accessible sport. Anyone can hold a bat and hit a ball.
This implies a steady stream of new people just trying it out and having lots of fun with people of all ages & all abilities.
It's much easier to bring young & old, male & female together in a sport like TT, than with soccer, basketball, tennis, volleyball, ... where age, strenghth & agility has much more importance.
A clever old man with excellent control can easily outplay an 18-year-old muscular topspin-monster and have a good laugh at it... :)

Mar 2011
It can be helpful because they always try to look proactive to the mayor and to the community so man... you've read my mind!!!

i hope this works!!

i'll let you know how are we going!

Hahahaha like they say dguerra...."Great minds think alike" :)
I wish you all the best buddy. I hope it works out for you...