forehand loop and footwork

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I think anything that can improve one's quickness will help their footwork. I like to have my footwork be natural (not thinking about it) so I just work on quickness drills. I do think like jump rope and run through tires. Then I find when I play the footwork just comes naturally.

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
The best kind of training for your forehand loop is to first practice in a stationary position (without moving) to correct any problems with your technique, then move on to using your forehand whilst moving. The best exercise for this is the falkenberg drill. Also I find using ladders and fast footwork drills can help footwork paterns on the table :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
In terms of looping, unless you have the opportunity to actually do multiball training, which I think most people don't have, since they aren't at some academy, or don't really have someone who is really good or willing to just stand there and hit you balls, I think the best alternative is just to do it a ton of times. concentrate on serving short, and then just try to change from the backspin/sport game into the topspin longer game. I basically did that for like a year, and now my loops are pretty consistent. I also had a friend who is a chopper, and I find playing against him really helped because then you really get used to determining how much back spin is on the ball, and can change the angle of your loop accordingly so you can loop it back