PDA

View Full Version : Why is my rubber not doming?

sampletext
07-23-2019, 03:15 AM
Hello, I'm trying boosting for the first time on a H3 neo and I'm using the Falco tempo long booster. I applied it after putting a thin layer of glue on the rubber just as the instructions said and waited until it dried to apply the glue. However, after waiting for eight hours, I still don't see the doming effect that I expected. Should I wait longer? Did I do something wrong?

UpSideDownCarl
07-23-2019, 03:30 AM
Hello, I'm trying boosting for the first time on a H3 neo and I'm using the Falco tempo long booster. I applied it after putting a thin layer of glue on the rubber just as the instructions said and waited until it dried to apply the glue. However, after waiting for eight hours, I still don't see the doming effect that I expected. Should I wait longer? Did I do something wrong?

How many layers of Falco did you put on the sponge?

sampletext
07-23-2019, 03:56 AM
How many layers of Falco did you put on the sponge?
I only put one layer.

UpSideDownCarl
07-23-2019, 04:16 AM
I only put one layer.

Don't people usually put 2 or 3 layers of boost on if it is H3?

sampletext
07-23-2019, 04:23 AM
Don't people usually put 2 or 3 layers of boost on if it is H3?
yeah but I think you have to let it dry first. In my case, after a while where it was supposed to dome, it still hasn't it just feels like wet glue. I was going to apply more but there is still no doming yet.

symbat
07-23-2019, 04:28 AM
yeah but I think you have to let it dry first. In my case, after a while where it was supposed to dome, it still hasn't it just feels like wet glue. I was going to apply more but there is still no doming yet.

Wet glue? How much did you put on? Got a pic?

sampletext
07-23-2019, 04:33 AM
Wet glue? How much did you put on? Got a pic?
I don't have a picture but the glue was pretty much dried when I put the booster on.

symbat
07-23-2019, 04:46 AM

What do you meant it feels like wet glue?

I brushed a thin layer on a Stiga Genesis rubber and it domed no problem. It does not feel like wet glue.

thom
07-23-2019, 04:51 AM
I don't remember how long I had to wait with FTL for the second layer but if you are not sure if the first layer is dry why don't you wait longer . You will need at least two layers for it to curl the rubber if it hadn't been boosted before

sampletext
07-23-2019, 05:42 AM
What do you meant it feels like wet glue?

I brushed a thin layer on a Stiga Genesis rubber and it domed no problem. It does not feel like wet glue.
Oh haha sorry I meant that the booster felt like wet glue but as of now it just looks like I never put any booster on in the first place

Creek
07-23-2019, 07:21 AM
H3 neo has a layer of glue on it right out of the packaging. Perhaps 1 layer is not enough to get through this?

Loopadoop
07-23-2019, 07:45 AM
Possible, the sponge moisture level of this sheet out of the packaging was below normal.

yogi_bear
07-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Doming is visible aftet 2 layers.

SFF_lib
07-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Hello, I'm trying boosting for the first time on a H3 neo and I'm using the Falco tempo long booster. I applied it after putting a thin layer of glue on the rubber just as the instructions said and waited until it dried to apply the glue. However, after waiting for eight hours, I still don't see the doming effect that I expected. Should I wait longer? Did I do something wrong?1 - what version of H3 is it? Provincial and national versions dome better than the commercial version.

2- Neo H3 needs to be left out of the vacuum pack for a day or two before applying booster. This allowed the pre-applied glue to dry up.

3 - yeah you probably haven't waited enough

All the best

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

UpSideDownCarl
07-23-2019, 01:38 PM
Just apply a second layer and see what happens. If when you wrote the OP, it was 8 hours after applying the first layer of boost, then now it is about 18 hours later. I would add a second and then decide if you want to add a 3rd layer a few hours later.

Fabian
07-23-2019, 02:07 PM
and be sure to remove the protection layer

sampletext
07-23-2019, 05:53 PM
1 - what version of H3 is it? Provincial and national versions dome better than the commercial version.

2- Neo H3 needs to be left out of the vacuum pack for a day or two before applying booster. This allowed the pre-applied glue to dry up.

3 - yeah you probably haven't waited enough

All the best

Yeah i boosted strait out of the pack, I applied booster to one new commercial and one old used provincial. So should I try to take it off?

sampletext
07-23-2019, 05:53 PM
and be sure to remove the protection layer
I thought that was a booster layer.

Fabian
07-23-2019, 06:01 PM
I don’t mean on the sponge. I mean the topsheet.

sampletext
07-23-2019, 06:02 PM
I don’t mean on the sponge. I mean the topsheet.
Oh yeah I took off All the protective sheets

SFF_lib
07-23-2019, 08:59 PM
Yeah i boosted strait out of the pack, I applied booster to one new commercial and one old used provincial. So should I try to take it off?Just leave it longer. Not all commercial H3 will doom equally. You just have to wait and see.

Tony's Table Tennis
07-23-2019, 10:49 PM
so funny
another thread the dome is too much, this thread there is no domb

and yeah 1 layer is not enough, try go 2, 3 or 4