What serve/service do you use?

What serve do you like to use ?

• Total voters
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
My favourite being a lefty is a top-side kick pendulum serve which has first bounce on centre, 2nd bounce wide and is able to cut of the down the line option on most occasions which allows me to play pivot forehands on the expected return :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Why??? :confused: Obviously we all have several, but I am sure we have a favourite. Mine is just a heavy underspin where the 2nd bounce is on the baseline or edge side of the table. It doesn't give the opponent much option.

Because if you got a favourite, you will always feel less confident with your other ones which means your service game is easily looked through. Having a favourite should ALWAYS depend on the enemies reactions.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Yeah Lunite...true. Chances for anyone to attack is slim. They just have to push or flick back to me..that's it, it's not going to be a winner..:) At my level, very seldom my opponents gave me any point because of my serves. I still have to play the 3rd shot, and I like that. Just keep it safe and take it from there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
The poll would be better if we can choose multiple choices. Its good to have a poll like this nonetheless :)
I mainly use backspin serve and its variation --> Pendulum, Backhand (reverse pendulum), Pure backspin
The other serves are mostly float balls or sidespins or fast serves with my pips.

I voted for choice 'other' tho :D

says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
Nov 2011
every player should have not only one serve style.. In my opinion,pendulum is the best serve as an attack opening/dominate the game, and the other serves are just variation

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
My favourite serve is a short side-spin topspin to the middle of the table hoping the player to return into my forehand side... Whether its a push or flick receive from my opponent I still forehand topspin it so I'm on the attack :)

This user has no status.
I love serving pendulum side-top for some reason, just like Dan I guess... :) Most of my opponents can't push it low due to the enormous spin on it, they're forced to flick it (a shot that they don't use often), and when they flick it I get a nice topspin ball that I can attack easily from both wings to take initiative. I only switch serves as a variation or if the opponent's flicks are just too good!

Against pips players I love my fast topspin serve, gets me a lot of points.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Because if you got a favourite, you will always feel less confident with your other ones which means your service game is easily looked through. Having a favourite should ALWAYS depend on the enemies reactions.

I don't think having one you are more confident in specifically means you are 'less' confident with your others. But yes your most reliable serve indeed relies on the probability of your desired response :)

This user has no status.
Yeah Lunite...true. Chances for anyone to attack is slim. They just have to push or flick back to me..that's it, it's not going to be a winner..:) At my level, very seldom my opponents gave me any point because of my serves. I still have to play the 3rd shot, and I like that. Just keep it safe and take it from there.

Yup, it's a good serve when you don't like people winning points straight away...but how would you deal with the possibilities of the return(i think most good players would be able to return the serve safely to all corners of the table)? Especially those players with deceptive short game, I hate serving underspin to those guys, they destroy me with their well-placed returns.