2019 ITTF Hong Kong Jr Cadet Open

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hopefully, the protesters have the decency not to bother innocent children.

I think it needs be said that pretending it’s business as usual is not just questionable (by the looks if it it’s pretty far from that), but a not so gentle nod to a political agenda (“move along folks, nothing to see here”).

And I don’t like that habit of looking away for convenience and comfort. Wilfully ignoring equates to passive acceptance. Which is quite often precisely not what the situation requires.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
I saw her play 2-3 months ago. I estimate her skill level at 2500 Usatt rating now with improvement since.

That is probably pretty close. She finished runner up in the last two junior events she entered including the Golden event in China where she lost to the #2 rated Chinese cadet, Chen Yi in the finals.

In February she played 3 US cadet girls in the Junior event held in Sweden. She beat them convincingly (3-1, 3-0, 3-0), and all are rated 2200-2275.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Hopefully, the protesters have the decency not to bother innocent children.

Guess what? The aggressive protesters happen to be "innocent children". The majority of them were born after the handover in 1997. Many of them are still in puberty.

And guess who's involved? NED. Ya, 'Murica.

murica.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden#Hong_Kong
Snowden also told the Post that "the United States government has committed a tremendous number of crimes against Hong Kong [and] the PRC as well,"[174] going on to identify Chinese Internet Protocol addresses that the NSA monitored and stating that the NSA collected text-message data for Hong Kong residents. Glenn Greenwald said Snowden was motivated by a need to "ingratiate himself to the people of Hong Kong and China."[175]

Jan 2018
I think it needs be said that pretending it’s business as usual is not just questionable (by the looks if it it’s pretty far from that), but a not so gentle nod to a political agenda (“move along folks, nothing to see here”).

And I don’t like that habit of looking away for convenience and comfort. Wilfully ignoring equates to passive acceptance. Which is quite often precisely not what the situation requires.

Honestly, it's still business as usual. It still feels much safer than the US after 2 frigging months of riots, protests, or stargazing as some "innocent children" call it. I think there's JUST 2 mass shootings this past week in the US, with like 22 and 10 dead? How many have died so far in HK? 4 indirectly by committing suicide.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-now-admits-it-is-funding-occupy-central-in-hong-kong/5405680
US Now Admits it is Funding “Occupy Central” in Hong Kong
Just as the US admitted shortly after the so-called “Arab Spring” began spreading chaos across the Middle East that it had fully funded, trained, and equipped both mob leaders and heavily armed terrorists years in advance, it is now admitted that the US State Department through a myriad of organizations and NGOs is behind the so-called “Occupy Central” protests in Hong Kong.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
https://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2008/12/10/china-the-power-behind-the-700-billion-bailout/
One of Mr. Gao's thoughts illuminates his take on how we got into a mess that needed an $8.5 trillion cleanup. In his vision, Main Street and Wall Street share equal blame, and, like the chubby, infantilized citizens in "Wall-E," are shunting off their problems on other countries and perhaps, soon, other planets. Here is what Mr. Gao tells Mr. Fallows:

Think about the way we’ve been living the past 30 years. Thirty years ago, the leverage of the investment banks was like 4-to-1, 5-to-1. Today, it’s 30-to-1. This is not just a change of numbers. This is a change of fundamental thinking.

People, especially Americans, started believing that they can live on other people's money. And more and more so. First other people's money in your own country. And then the savings rate comes down, and you start living on other people's money from outside. At first it was the Japanese. Now the Chinese and the Middle Easterners.

We—the Chinese, the Middle Easterners, the Japanese—we can see this too. Okay, we'd love to support you guys—if it's sustainable. But if it's not, why should we be doing this? After we are gone, you cannot just go to the moon to get more money. So, forget it. Let's change the way of living. [By which he meant: less debt, lower rewards for financial wizardry, more attention to the "real economy," etc.]

Compare that to the take of New Yorker columnist James Surowiecki:

Last year, Asian countries invested almost four hundred billion dollars in the United States, mostly in government bonds. China is effectively taking most of its excess national savings and lending it to the United States. The Japanese, who despite their creaking economy remain flush with savings, bought a quarter trillion dollars of American debt last year, even though the interest is lousy and the assets themselves are losing value. More than any other nation in history, the United States depends, economically, on the kindness of strangers. Right now, Asian investors appear very kind.

How did the US pay back those Asian countries a decade later?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
That is probably pretty close. She finished runner up in the last two junior events she entered including the Golden event in China where she lost to the #2 rated Chinese cadet, Chen Yi in the finals.

In February she played 3 US cadet girls in the Junior event held in Sweden. She beat them convincingly (3-1, 3-0, 3-0), and all are rated 2200-2275.

2019 China Open .. Cadet Girls Singles Final

Miwa Harimoto vs Chen Yi

https://youtu.be/i01lwZwU-HQ

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
zeio said:
Honestly, it's still business as usual. It still feels much safer than the US after 2 frigging months of riots, protests, or stargazing as some "innocent children" call it. I think there's JUST 2 mass shootings this past week in the US, with like 22 and 10 dead? How many have died so far in HK? 4 indirectly by committing suicide.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-now-admits-it-is-funding-occupy-central-in-hong-kong/5405680

zeio,

If you come live in USA a few months, it isn't mas-shooting you gotta worry about killing you.

Medical mistakes kill 250,000 USA people a year. Another 250,000 die in USA from Septic Shock, even though there is a very effective treatment (like well over 80-90% effective) way to treat it...

That is a smooth half million dead from white coats.

But yeah, the people in the world are conditioned to believe white coats and follow along - nothing happening here. Business as usual. Move along, now.

10,000 die from drunk drivers every year, which are a particularly selfish and lethal domestic terrorist threat I can say.

None of the above will make much national news or strike fear into anyone, but the first two kill .5 Million a year, which is 5000x more potent than the mass kilings.

I didn't touch on all the addictive opioids white coats prescribe, that eventually end up killing another 250,000 USA people a year. No one is really mass protesting that either.