Stiga Energy wood v Allround classic ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
So ive been playing for about 2 years, 1st year used the stiga evolution, 2nd year(currently using the palio legend 2, highly underrated). In accordance of the advice of advanced players I play with, Im about to upgrade to a custom bat FH- hurricane 3/Stiga allround classic/Raksa 7 soft- BH.

I have had some worries about the overall speed of the bat as im aware it will be a downgrade in some aspects (mainlly speed) as the bat i currently use uses hard chinese rubber with thick sponge (was hard to use initially but ive developed enough to play well with it). When going shopping I came across the Stiga energy WRB, which is also a 5 ply wood blade like the allround classic, and stiga also gives it a similar description with the whole "perfect combination of speed and control".

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with the blades and could outline any differences ?

(P.s main reason Im going with the allround classic was for me to develop my technique abit as im an attacking player, specifically opening up backspin serves/ attacking backspin in general)
Please dont bother with advising other blades as im mostly likely going to stick with the allround if energy does not seem beneficial for me.
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Allround Classic is so proven so i think that one Will be good. There actually is a blade with the name stiga evolution. But Maybe it is just the name that is similar?

I would not go with soft. That Will fool you. I would go with a regular rakza.

I Do not know about the thickness? 1,8 would proably be good i think?
I am thinking about this since the speed difference Will be very big from your old racket, But can proably adjust after some weeks.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Energy Wood has a very similar feel to All-round Classic. Same wood plies but faster. A little crisper. But it is very light. The Stiga Allround Evolution is actually excellent. A little faster than the Allround Classic (All+ instead of All) and same plies, same feel. Energy Wood is Off- so a little faster than the Allround Evolution. Any of those three blades are a decent choice.

The main thing I don't like about the Energy Wood is how light it is. And with that hollow handle. The ones I tried were under 80 grams. But it did feel pretty nice.