Allplay with chinese Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Hello,
how should i start.
I played very good Games with Donic waldner allplay with xiom vega europe 1.8 on both sides and infinity mark v.
Well but yeah i thought a faster blade like viscaria with bluefire m3 oder vega pro would be better but no it is not good xD

So i thought 729 Bloom power and battle 2 on an allplay.
Would this be fast enough.
Or is this combo as fast as one of the combis above?

regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Thanks for your answer.
Like i said i slow down to Allplay, Infinity or maybe Firefall FC.
The Question was speed wise with the chinese rubbers above.
The alternative is one of the blades with m3 max fh, m3 2.0 bh or vega pro 2.0 fh and m3 2.0 bh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
thank you
and which one of the blades above?
infinity allplay or firefall

i have a rating of 1195 in germany so very low

This user has no status.
If rating is low I would suggest not using M3 it's very unforgiving owed to it's hardness and spin response.
Something like rozena on both sides or again a rezona class of rubber on the BH with a 729 battle 2 or h3 neo 38-39 on fh.

For blade you probably should be using a wood blade as the feel helps grow technique my favourite is the clipper for shakehand and meo for pH.
If you have an infinity use that.

as wouldn't change to Chinese rubbers as the technique is different unless you just think it will be fun then do it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Okay i guess i start with a slower blade so Donic Allplay for more control.
And i thought bluefire m3 has a soft 42° rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hello,
how should i start.
I played very good Games with Donic waldner allplay with xiom vega europe 1.8 on both sides and infinity mark v.
Well but yeah i thought a faster blade like viscaria with bluefire m3 oder vega pro would be better but no it is not good xD

So i thought 729 Bloom power and battle 2 on an allplay.
Would this be fast enough.
Or is this combo as fast as one of the combis above?

regards

what's wrong with your current setup?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Not sure people are understanding what you are asking.

To me it sounds like you should probably use the Allplay with Xiom Vega Europe. That is an excellent setup.

If the Allplay with Vega Europe works for you, why are you thinking of Chinese rubbers? They are very different. There would be no harm in trying. But if you used something that worked and you liked, that is as good a setup as Allplay with Vega Europe, I would stick with that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Because it was 2 Years ago and i dont have the rubbers anymore

EDIT
and i dont want to spend money on new rubbers
at home i have m3 max and 2.0 vega pro 2.0 battle 2 and bloom power
maybe a vega europe in 1.8

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Because it was 2 Years ago and i dont have the rubbers anymore

EDIT
and i dont want to spend money on new rubbers
at home i have m3 max and 2.0 vega pro 2.0 battle 2 and bloom power
maybe a vega europe in 1.8

Okay. If you have the blades but not the rubbers where you are, I would try the Chinese rubbers on the Infinity first.

Have you ever used Chinese rubbers? Do you know how to boost them and have boost available? Because Chinese rubbers often can feel really slow and dead without boost. But they are very inexpensive. And they are good if you can get used to them.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
LittleSeki said:

I use M3 on BH on my Batos ALC... that is one very soft and dynamic rubber suitable for topspin... but somehow, my bang-bang BH flat hit exchanges are decent control too.

One can use that rubber at a level WAY higher than 1200 TTR level. I play 1700 TTR level and I can tell you I could be successful at 2000 TTR level with that rubber if my skillz get that high.

For a different blade, you got a gazillion choices.

One blade you could grow into right now is the Tibhar Akkad. There is a vendor or two in Germany selling it... that blade makes me not feel sad about Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon not being produced any more. You can do and learn every shot with Akkad and the top end is sufficient fast enough, even for an advanced player.

Any modern dynamic (or linear) (think Nexy Karis) rubber would work well.

Your desire to use M3 would be very well suited to Akkad. Ability to spin, ability to hit, ability to control spin with grip. Once you get a good whip on BH, you would be surprised at how well the ball moves out even with a softy rubber like M3. it allows you to hit harder. Match your sponge hardness well with what you do. Start with Vega Pro in 2.0 or max with this blade and move on to a more powerful rubber later as your consistency and level moves up.

https://www.contra.de/en/tibhar-holz-akkad.html

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Even though the Akkad has a good top end, over-all it isn't a terribly fast blade in the low to middle impact shots. Spins well, good balance and feel. That is important. This is all wood blade and many all wood blades give a good feel at impact with a little extra control.

This class of blade is not terrible out of your zone if you slap on your Vega Pro 2.0 and M3 Max... and use it a year or two. You will adapt and adapt pretty well with such a setup. Good to learn with that setup, good to keep as well when you improve another 300 TTR.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the idea is that he has a few blades available to him where he is and wants to buy inexpensive rubbers to put on one of those blades.

Is that right?

If he doesn't want to spend the money on Vega Europe, I doubt he wants to buy any other blades either.

But I am guessing because OP really has not been clear on the situation he is in.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
This is right i dont want to buy anything at the moment.
The original questions was abtou the chinese rubbers xD

I can use an applegren allplay which has a smaller head size, i have this at home, with vega europe but the question about the chinses rubbers is still there

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is right i dont want to buy anything at the moment.
The original questions was abtou the chinese rubbers xD

I can use an applegren allplay which has a smaller head size, i have this at home, with vega europe but the question about the chinses rubbers is still there

The Chinese rubbers will work with any of the blades. You may like them better on the Infinity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Thanks for all of your answers.
I have now an Applegren Allplay with vega europe 1.8mm on both sides
viscaria with Vega Intro 1.5mm both sides
and Infinity with m3 max and 2.0 and i will test these set ups.
Dont know which one it is going to be but then i dont switch or test anything and start practining for the new season :)
i thought about short pips defence but i am to impatient for defence xD

But i guess i make a Spinlord Waran 1.5mm on the forehand of my viscaria because i like the idea of short pips on forhand.
And if i have to attack than with them xD

Last edited: