Slovenia Open - ttGuru's stats

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
After a fantastic Men's singles final between Ma Long and Zhang Jike at the 2012 World Tour Slovenian Open, I bring you the statistics report for this outstanding event!

slovstat1.jpg

slovstat2.jpg

slovstat3.jpg

Congrats to the winners!
What a month it's been, 2012 has truly started with a bang!

Regards,
ttGuru

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
It's higher than any of the 17 events on last year's Pro Tour. The total DSQ's last year was only 23!
However, last week in Hungary 9 players were disqualified! So it seems the bat testing crew are stirring things up this year prior to the Olympics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
None of the same names were disqualified in both events, but it was sad to see Chen Hongtao from Canada get DSQ'd. He had just come through his group with tough games including a victory over Quentin Robinot.
Kim Min Seok would have to be the biggest casualty this time round. He had beaten Mihai Bobocica 4-0 in the first round before having the result scratched. It's likely he would have made it to the quarterfinal in Bobocica's place, and given us a more impressive spectacle against Zhang Jike.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Kim Min Seok would have to be the biggest casualty this time round. He had beaten Mihai Bobocica 4-0 in the first round before having the result scratched. It's likely he would have made it to the quarterfinal in Bobocica's place, and given us a more impressive spectacle against Zhang Jike.

Why was he disqualified after the match, if his bat was probably tested before the match?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Awesome stats again :) Just an idea for next World Tour events maybe: You could (in the 2nd page) add ratio's/percentages to the part of the total games played/matched played in mens and womens. For example it seems to me that the average womens match had fewer games than the mens matches: the relative difference in games played seems larger than in matches played. I could be wrong, but it is interesting.. It would probably mean (confirm) that the difference between top and bottom is larger in the womens circuit. So if you expressed those in percentages of the total it would be easier to compare. I guess that's just one formula in Excel, copied to all the stats. :p Would be nice :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Awesome stats again :) Just an idea for next World Tour events maybe: You could (in the 2nd page) add ratio's/percentages to the part of the total games played/matched played in mens and womens. For example it seems to me that the average womens match had fewer games than the mens matches: the relative difference in games played seems larger than in matches played. I could be wrong, but it is interesting.. It would probably mean (confirm) that the difference between top and bottom is larger in the womens circuit. So if you expressed those in percentages of the total it would be easier to compare. I guess that's just one formula in Excel, copied to all the stats. :p Would be nice :D

Those statistics were not included because I didn't want the page to be too cluttered.
Here, this is a screenshot of the excel main page, it has all the information you asked for.

direct printscreen.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
As we can see, the women had almost half the percentage of 7-set matches compared to men, and considerably more 4-set matches.
This particular page doesn't show very clearly those results, because best of 5 and best of 7 set matches are all included together.
Other sheets were made to display only best of 5 stats, and only best of 7 stats. Also qualification round/main draw sheets.

There is a lot of detail in this document, even this page shown goes down further, so naturally I can't show all of it.