SL-OPEN : Why Ma-Long couldn't make it through??? :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
They've been training really hard. ZJK had some rest in the last tournament having lost early. Ma is clearly exhausted and just doesn't have the extra stamina he usually does. He'll be well rested for the Olympics I hope. I really hope his loss here doesn't hurt his chances to play in the singles. He's only just won 7-8 tournaments in 7-8 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well it was a bad day for me :D
All I wanted to win, lost..
First Nadal, then Liu Shiwen, then Ma Long..
But Ma Long looked a little happy that he lost.. It was like he was off the pressure..
He had a lot of it, winning that many matches in a row, that makes you willing to win and win, and everyone expects that you win all..
It is a big responsibility and big pressure.. Now he lost, he can begin again, he will be well relaxed in another tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Well it was a bad day for me :D
All I wanted to win, lost..
First Nadal, then Liu Shiwen, then Ma Long..
But Ma Long looked a little happy that he lost.. It was like he was off the pressure..
He had a lot of it, winning that many matches in a row, that makes you willing to win and win, and everyone expects that you win all..
It is a big responsibility and big pressure.. Now he lost, he can begin again, he will be well relaxed in another tournament.

well said. particulary he had this pressure one time, when he was #1 the first time and he couldnt handle it. now he is back an made an amazing run instead of losing his mind. thats the change you have to notice. its naturaly, that you lose sometimes and dont play everytime at your best. you could see, that ma long was very tired in hungrian open and was very lucky to win three matches, where he was 2-3 behind. he made not 6 ittf pro tours in a row ... who cares? :D some of the best players, will not win six pro tours in their lives ...he won 12 in 5 years with 17 appearences ( am i correct? :D ). and the fact, that a great playing zhang jike had to go the full length of seven games against a tired and nervous ma long, speeks for itself. ma long is one level above the rest ;)
for a person like him, who has/had a really worse mentallity, it was an epic run.

and i hope, that it dont come to habit, that when liu shiwen loses, also ma long loses :D and when ding ning has an early exit .. zhang jike does the same :D ...very strange ..we have to keep an eye on it ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
and i hope, that it dont come to habit, that when liu shiwen loses, also ma long loses :D and when ding ning has an early exit .. zhang jike does the same :D ...very strange ..we have to keep an eye on it ;)

LOL, Ma Long + Liu Shiwen against Zhang Jike + Ding Ning.... If these 2 play mixed doubles together it'll be really fun to watch!

This user has no status.
well said. Particulary he had this pressure one time, when he was #1 the first time and he couldnt handle it. Now he is back an made an amazing run instead of losing his mind. Thats the change you have to notice. Its naturaly, that you lose sometimes and dont play everytime at your best. You could see, that ma long was very tired in hungrian open and was very lucky to win three matches, where he was 2-3 behind. He made not 6 ittf pro tours in a row ... Who cares? :d some of the best players, will not win six pro tours in their lives ...he won 12 in 5 years with 17 appearences ( am i correct? :d ). And the fact, that a great playing zhang jike had to go the full length of seven games against a tired and nervous ma long, speeks for itself. Ma long is one level above the rest ;)
for a person like him, who has/had a really worse mentallity, it was an epic run.

And i hope, that it dont come to habit, that when liu shiwen loses, also ma long loses :d and when ding ning has an early exit .. Zhang jike does the same :d ...very strange ..we have to keep an eye on it ;)
super agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Ya ... thats wat worrying.. y do they keep this much tight schedule man????

they must give some rest to them...

I think they will have considered this. If they would've chosen to drop any of the first 3 World Tours, it would never be the Qatar Open though. So I guess the CNT staff thought their players were fit enough to play those 3 tournaments consecutively. Or maybe they consider it a test for them to maintain a high level throughout so many matches in a short period.