Doubles partner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
How do you play with a doubles partner that just frustrates you and blames you for losing games? I've been having that problem this week and it's just kind of frustrating. How do I deal with him?

says Photino rocks xD
says Photino rocks xD
Nov 2010
lol first, try to find another partner if you can.
If you cant, just tell him to stfu. or just say listen, doubles is about working together not about who is better than each other- if you always blame me, then were never gonna win unless we work together and accept the mistakes that everyone will make.

Gl xD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Doubles is really fun to play, if you have a partner you don't play good with and frustrates you get another. I have a ton of fun with my friend as a doubles partner and even if we lose none of us gets frustrated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
how did you get matched with this teammate? Was it a coaches idea, one of the last people who didn't have a partner, or did you pick him? In any event I assume you are training for a competition; so if that said competition isn't really close I would suggest you find another available partner and if that doesn't work try to talk it out and see what's up.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
new patner hes attitude or your styles dont work together

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
it was my coaches decision, hahaha so i don't have much say. i have another doubles partner for a different competition and we do a lot better even though we're both right handers. he's left handed and we should mix well together, but i just have a hard time with him. hahahaha. he likes shouting at the opponent and stares them down. he's the hot headed type. haha, and i'm the exact opposite. if i make stupid mistake i just laugh it off and make sure to win the next point. he'll really make you feel bad even though there's nothing you can do about it anymore. and when i try to calm him down, he gets even more pissed and well iunno, gives you the hate vibes. i guess i just have to deal with him. the tournaments too close to change partners. i hope my coach just puts me in singles more.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
it was my coaches decision, hahaha so i don't have much say. i have another doubles partner for a different competition and we do a lot better even though we're both right handers. he's left handed and we should mix well together, but i just have a hard time with him. hahahaha. he likes shouting at the opponent and stares them down. he's the hot headed type. haha, and i'm the exact opposite. if i make stupid mistake i just laugh it off and make sure to win the next point. he'll really make you feel bad even though there's nothing you can do about it anymore. and when i try to calm him down, he gets even more pissed and well iunno, gives you the hate vibes. i guess i just have to deal with him. the tournaments too close to change partners. i hope my coach just puts me in singles more.

good luck tell u show u get on :D

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

You have a good attitude for the sport dude :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Haha yeah we all do :D and yeah thats good dude! how long you been playing for?

not long, around 3-4 years? but i've only been playing seriously for around a year or so. some of my teammates have been playing all their lives, i'm trying to catch up. hahahaha.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I would just ditch him. :) But in a nice way. He's probably a nice fella off the table and a good friend. Probably stating that the strategy is not working well for us, or the just no chemistry. Or, if I really wanna get rid of him, I would say that I am holding him back. hehe

BUMP! :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My first reaction to your post was to ask you to ask yourself a few questions.

Why does your partner feel like that?

Does your partner serve and give you a long ball to attack on 3rd ball, but do you push it back long and allow oppoent to strongly attack?

Do you frequently push the serve long to allow opponent to attack strong on 3rd ball?

Do you serve long and predictable to allow opponent to hit 2nd ball winners?

Those are several valid things that may cause your partner to feel like you are heavily contributing to lost points, which off course add up to a loss.

After reading your subsequent posts and getting a little more data from you about what is going on...

I would agree you have a positive attitude and outlook when things go bad.

Myself, I LOVE playing doubles at my club AND in competitions.

I give my partners the evil eye when they do those things I list above. I play div 2 in my city and you will get killed vs even div 4 players if you do those things. Am I perfect? Nope. You play what you can for your level and work teh best you can together. Usually doubles is real fun. It can suck if your partner is always giving away initive on easy balls and allowing opponets to blast winners. It can be especially irritating if you are an offensive player, but your partner does not provide you 1-2 or even zero chances to attack.

If the two players are div 5 for my city, it is common to push everything (you are not comfortable attacking) and those pushes are not exactly good pushes. It is natural in that situation to give away easy chances often, it is part of that level.

How you and partner feel depends a lot upon you level and what is expected for level of play, tactics, and teamwork.
Sometimes, playing doubles is for fun and socializing, so making chances and executing winning tactics is not always the priotity.
You seem to have a happy attitude and will get through fine.

Reactions: azlan
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
How do you play with a doubles partner that just frustrates you and blames you for losing games? I've been having that problem this week and it's just kind of frustrating. How do I deal with him?

um, ya don't lol I used to play doubles with my sister and that happened all the time so we stopped playing with each other and I found other partners who were better for me to play with longer term :D

A good team is far more effective than the sum of both individual players and if there is blame and arguing during, or even between matches, then you really aren't doing yourselves any favours, it's better to have someone who you are comfortable playing with and who will keep you positive throughout the match and support you even when you aren't playing so well, in order to get you through the match. If you have someone telling you you're rubbish everytime you miss it's not going to help at all.

Reactions: azlan