Stiga Carbonado 290

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I am interested in buying Stiga Carbonado 290 as I love blades which have low throw.I have seen reviews that is a very stiff blade.But does it have decent control?I have spare mxp 50 rubber and one regular mxp.Will the carbonado 290 be too stiff using this combo or will it still be okay?Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The question is not whether the rubbers and blade would go together well but whether they would be good for you. The variable that is missing is you. We have no idea how you play. Therefore, if you want answers that would be useful, information about you would be valuable. Video footage would be even more useful than you telling us about how you play. But something is better than nothing.

How long have you been playing?

If someone pushed backspin fast to your FH how would you return it?
If someone pushed backspin fast to your BH how would you return it?

How good is your counterloop against heavy side/top?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.I am an intermediate forehand dominant player.i mostly punch and block with my backhand.My level is around 2000 Usatt.I tried my friends carbonado 90 with mx-p and loved the hard feeling of the combo.So I thought 290 would add speed to the setup with the same nice hard feeling.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.I am an intermediate forehand dominant player.i mostly punch and block with my backhand.My level is around 2000 Usatt.I tried my friends carbonado 90 with mx-p and loved the hard feeling of the combo.So I thought 290 would add speed to the setup with the same nice hard feeling.

If you are around 2000 level, it probably would be fine for you to use anything. Would you want a rubber like MXP for just punching and blocking (on BH)?

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi,

Why 290 and not 190?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I read reviews and from the reviews I gathered that 290 is very fast but has enough control.So I figured that I can try 290.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I read reviews and from the reviews I gathered that 290 is very fast but has enough control.So I figured that I can try 290.

Yeah but you haven't explained why you think the Carbonado 190 is not fast enough. What reviews did you read?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Cz 190 is similar to timo boll alc in terms of speed.I was looking for something faster than that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I read Yogi’s review about 290.He wrote that it is very linear and has good control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Those are the setups that I am currently using.But I have even tried donic ovtcharov carbospeed which is a very fast blade and I could control it.I am okay with the speed of carbonado 290.My only question is that will it be too stiff to use with mxp50 or mxp as it is considered a hard blade and doesn’t have much flex

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Those are the setups that I am currently using.But I have even tried donic ovtcharov carbospeed which is a very fast blade and I could control it.I am okay with the speed of carbonado 290.My only question is that will it be too stiff to use with mxp50 or mxp as it is considered a hard blade and doesn’t have much flex

"Trying" is not the same thing as "playing with", moreso because trying usually means "looping" and rarely means "blocking" or "pushing short" or "returning serves" or "playing matches." If you prefer the Carbospeed, then you should be playing with it. Since you are a good player, like Carl said, you can use anything but given that the blade is not the speed of blade that you currently use, and you want it to use it with a rubber that you don't seem to currently use, this seems more like a desire to just experiment than a serious question. Everyone's taste and touch is personal.

I am getting a 245 to test, though I suspect it will be too heavy, because I tried a 45 and thought I could go faster and found the 145 to be virtually perfect, but I am intrigued by the 245 (though I suspect I will have to sell it at a loss). 145 is at the upper limit of what I usually play with as I tend to find Boll ALC type blades too fast for me even though I can use them for short periods.