Butterfly+DHS+Stiga? Good Combo?

This user has no status.
The rubbers on my old racket was peeling off and I did try gluing them back. They seem fine now so thanks for SFF_lib's & UpSideDownCarl's advice.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...ber-top-sheet-back-to-my-sponge-HELP-needed!!
But it is an old racket, which had been sitting for 5-4 years now, so I'm dubious on how long it can last as well as how good or bad it is for improving techniques.

I has been looking into table tennis equipment for a week now. This is what I may consider getting after about a month.
-Butterfly Timo Boll CAF blade
-DHS Hurricane 8 on my forehand
-Stiga Genesis II M on my backhand

I would say I'm still a developing player and I don't have a coach (I suppose my coach is the internet or YouTube more specifically if you will). Therefore I can't give a detailed direction to my style. What I can say is that I try to flick drive and loop more because it makes you active as oppose to passive so you earn points easier as people say lol. I want points so I do those things.

Anyways, what are your opinions on the new gears I should get?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.:eek::eek::eek:

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
This is why I posted that prank call video in your other thread. It wasn't worth the time for a premade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
The rubbers on my old racket was peeling off and I did try gluing them back. They seem fine now so thanks for SFF_lib's & UpSideDownCarl's advice.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...ber-top-sheet-back-to-my-sponge-HELP-needed!!
But it is an old racket, which had been sitting for 5-4 years now, so I'm dubious on how long it can last as well as how good or bad it is for improving techniques.

I has been looking into table tennis equipment for a week now. This is what I may consider getting after about a month.
-Butterfly Timo Boll CAF blade
-DHS Hurricane 8 on my forehand
-Stiga Genesis II M on my backhand

I would say I'm still a developing player and I don't have a coach (I suppose my coach is the internet or YouTube more specifically if you will). Therefore I can't give a detailed direction to my style. What I can say is that I try to flick drive and loop more because it makes you active as oppose to passive so you earn points easier as people say lol. I want points so I do those things.

Anyways, what are your opinions on the new gears I should get?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.:eek::eek::eek:
Always invest in a good blade - good feel, good control and enough reservoir of speed. A good blade can last you a long time even when you are ar an advanced level.

Start with a solid good 5ply. Depends on your budget there are many good 5ply blades available. Don't underestimate 5ply blades. A good 5ply such as Virtuoso can be just as powerful as a carbon blade.

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Head heavy setup
I dont reccomend
Xiom allround s

2 xiom Vega euro
2 Donic Acuda s2
2 Donic bluefire m2
2 Joola maxx p
2 dhs tinarc 5
2 tsp ventus spin
2 victas v07 regular
I wrote 2 because i recommend more balance than harder-softer setup

This user has no status.
Head heavy setup
I dont reccomend
Xiom allround s

2 xiom Vega euro
2 Donic Acuda s2
2 Donic bluefire m2
2 Joola maxx p
2 dhs tinarc 5
2 tsp ventus spin
2 victas v07 regular
I wrote 2 because i recommend more balance than harder-softer setup

I have checked out your suggested rubbers but most of them are soft. From what I have understood, the most popular set up currently is a soft blade with hard rubbers. Soft rubbers sink in quickly if you hit hard so when a ball shots out they don't provide much force, especially with a hard blade. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to educate you or anything like that.

I need a soft blade to develop a feel. With soft rubbers, I'm worried that I don't have sufficient power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
+1 to what was said above:
5 ply wood with the same rubbers on both sides.

Don’t fall into that hard on soft / soft on hard thing right now. Anything you get will be a world better than the premade. Same for the power.

Knowing a price range and where can you buy it from would help people to give you more direct suggestions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Not sure of your level of play, but we're pretty much in the same boat. Pick a solid 5-ply blade and try to train more than you play with it (if possible).

Rubbers, get two of the same. Xiom Vega Europe. If you don't want to go soft, Xiom Vega Intro (also what I plan on getting).

Blades: Primorac, Korbel, Applegren Allplay, Yasaka Sweden Extra, Stratus Power Wood, or Stiga Azalea All/Off.