says 2010/11 British League Premier Division Champions &...
says 2010/11 British League Premier Division Champions &...
Jan 2011
A "Wiggly Wobbler" is a deceptive lob stroke. It gives the appearance of putting sidespin on the ball in one direction, but the opposite side spin is actually executed. As a result, the attacking player positions himself or herself for the spin they perceive and not the spin they receive.

To "taxi" someone in table tennis is to ace them (an ace is a legal serve that is not touched by the receivers bat).

To "hack the ball" in table tennis is to hit the ball with such extreme chop that you are almost cutting it in two.​

This user has no status.
Haha I really like the responds on the hacked off guy. The guy that made a taxi is a bit of a nerd to me. I do this shot once a match and when it works just be still and watch you're opponent get a red face...

Question, how is it called when serve on purpose on the edge of the table? ofcourse it's an ace but is there a name for it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I call the first one a corkscrew, the second an ace, the third a floater. Too bad we couldn't see Gavin's "hack."

This is actually a good topic and I understand that these are just some coined terms, but one of the problems with gaining viewers in this sport is the lack of terminology. I would love to set up a common ground dictionary of what the terminology in different countries is like and maybe compromise for the use of a single term to be used internationally. I mean Cho is pretty well known among table tennis enthusiasts, but unless the audience is educated they will likely not understand what it means.

Perhaps we should set up something where we can put up a dictionary so that people can understand what other terms mean and thus use the best compromised term. For instance instead of "topspins" because in actuality it's a variation of top and side spin maybe go with Looping. Or instead of slice, float, or what not use the term Chop. It would be nice to have something like this.

This user has no status.
Perhaps we should set up something where we can put up a dictionary so that people can understand what other terms mean and thus use the best compromised term. For instance instead of "topspins" because in actuality it's a variation of top and side spin maybe go with Looping. Or instead of slice, float, or what not use the term Chop. It would be nice to have something like this.
Don't forget the push.