How does H3N feel after factory tuning runs out

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Both feel like crap, but H3 Neo still plays better after the effect. Kinda like in the old days where a glued Sriver still played better the day after than an unglued Sriver.

Reactions: JustANoob
Okay, a bit of a weird question.

Does H3N feel like a normal not-booster H3 after the factory tuning runs out or is it worse ?

Talking about standard versions.
Not a weird question at all. I mean, "dead" H3N feels kinda, dead. It's actually a tad softer than regular non-boosted H3 so you'll have a tad more control. I've used both and in my experience. Regular and Provincial H3 are better for boosting but since you don't want to boost and want slow and tacky there are other alternatives i'm sure someone can suggest. If im not mistaken, most chinese rubbers are hard and tacky so i'm guessing any factory non-tuned chinese rubber will do as long as it's not like a "power/tensioned" sponge version.

says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
Not a weird question at all. I mean, "dead" H3N feels kinda, dead. It's actually a tad softer than regular non-boosted H3 so you'll have a tad more control. I've used both and in my experience. Regular and Provincial H3 are better for boosting but since you don't want to boost and want slow and tacky there are other alternatives i'm sure someone can suggest. If im not mistaken, most chinese rubbers are hard and tacky so i'm guessing any factory non-tuned chinese rubber will do as long as it's not like a "power/tensioned" sponge version.

I need to test out and feel it myself, this is why I am not asking for recommendations. The Sanwei Target 90 that I am using is already a very good tacky rubber. Just want to test something a gear or few slower, the local shop doesnt have the normal h3 and that is why I wanted to know if the H3N just ends up as a H3 after a while. And besides this is a change to try a lightly boosted H3 I guess.

I need to test out and feel it myself, this is why I am not asking for recommendations. The Sanwei Target 90 that I am using is already a very good tacky rubber. Just want to test something a gear or few slower, the local shop doesnt have the normal h3 and that is why I wanted to know if the H3N just ends up as a H3 after a while. And besides this is a change to try a lightly boosted H3 I guess.
Understood :). Thanks for clarifying. To further answer your question, NO, H3N does not end up as an H3 after a while. I believe H3N is a different sponge altogether. It doesn't end up "worse" than H3, just different. But Not by much. Experienced users that have used both know what i'm referring to. You will see the difference yourself eventually. It's up to you to decide what works for you. For me they are equally good just a bit different. I would/will use either one (for forehand) without question, knowing by experience they are both very good "Chinese" rubbers.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
All versions of H3 that are well tuned require a very forward and powerful Bang impact.

With the slower ball, even users of hot rod tuned H3 have shoulder injuries trying to get acceptable performance with the plastic versions or abs ball...

Imagine same player trying to get something out of non tuned H3...

That is a shoulder injury coming.

That is why I made the short comment earlier in the thread.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 2019
All versions of H3 that are well tuned require a very forward and powerful Bang impact.

With the slower ball, even users of hot rod tuned H3 have shoulder injuries trying to get acceptable performance with the plastic versions or abs ball...

Imagine same player trying to get something out of non tuned H3...

That is a shoulder injury coming.

That is why I made the short comment earlier in the thread.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your worry, I'll probably give up on it pretty fast, but I will report my finding for any future idiots like me, but they will probably ignore it if they are like me :D