new Rubbers or even new Set Up

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Hello,
i got a Stiga Carbonado for a good price and it feels good but i am not sure if it is to fast for me or not.
I am not afraid to take a full swing but still...

I have 1200 TTR in Germany and i play in the lowest class.

I play Xiom Vega Europe max and 2.0.

I know it is maybe to fast and i even think about getting harder rubber like m1 and m2 for forehand and backhand.

The Alternative is i sell the blade and get a Donic Waldner Allplay with Z1 max and m2 2.0 for backhand.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: For my class there a a lot of people that dont know how there pips or anti works or only pushes the ball with underspin or older people so yeah.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Or an infinity with Mark V max. and 2.0.
This would be controlled as well but i am afraid it is to slow in topspins and smashs

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
You should try practicing more with the setup, so you can control the speed. Do this for at least 2-3 months before considering if its too fast for you. The equipment shouldn't matter at that stage and you should focus on your strokes. This process can be accelerated by having an all round setup, in the end just play with what you have first.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Thanks but i am still afraid because the carbonado 290 is very fast as a blade and maybe in close matches i need more control and speed i get from technique or am i wrong?

This is why i thought about a allplay with slower rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
But i give the carbonadno 290 and vega europe time and then i see if i go with harde rubbers or go down in sponge thickness or get softer rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
but i also try allplay with vega pro and m2 and ifinity with mark v max and 2.0 and then i decide

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Usually, I would recommend to play with what you have until you know you need to change. But honestly, you are off to a crappy start with the 290.

I recommend a 5 ply Off- to Off blade to start and hold off questions about new setups until you get all the basics down pat. Xiom Offensive S, Primorac, Stiga OC are all solid no-nonsense choices.

When I think of Allround blades, I think flimsy. Honestly, you are better off learning on an off-/off.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Also, start with Medium-hard rubbers. A softy like the Vega Europe on a very fast blade is like playing with a laser fast rubber band.

If I were you, I'd get the Offensive S with 2 sheets of Vega Pro.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
LOL isn't the 290 Stiga's fastest blade? Stick to an all-wood OFF- with 2 Vega Intro's.
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood is on sale on TT11 this week.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
As expected the 290 is way to fast.
I played with the applegren allplay with vega pro and m2 but i lacked a bit of power from away from the table.
So a little bit faster blade would be better. I have a infinity vps at home but i guess this would be to fast.
So Tibhar status power wood sound good or maybe the donic waldner offensive 2016.
as rubbers i thought m1, z1 or vega pro on forehand and m2 or vega europe on backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
backhand was okay but forehand i had to work too hard and they were only on the table no dangere

edi: thats why i thought faster blade or faster forehand rubber like m1 or z1

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
25 years no nothing

no i dont get one cheap again

and i like blades with innerforce so carbon on core better or even allwood blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
no i dont get one cheap again

If you want to play it I´d recommend rubbers that are less bouncy and not quite as fast.

Vega Intro is an often made and justified suggestion, as is andro Hexer Duro, and Gewo NeoFlexx 45/48.
Living in Germany, you should be able to access them all easily.

If you don´t like all wood blades as much as carbon blades there´s not much sense in trying an Allplay just to find out that your Carbonado is too fast ;)
There are slower carbon blades, but choosing the right one can be a long and frustrating (and costly) process.
So just keep your Carbonado and work on the speed of the combo with different rubbers, then practice, practice, practice.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Okay,
well but i return the carbonado it is way to fast and as i said i like innerforce compesition more.

I thought about the Donic Ovtcharov No.1, or Butterfly Harimoto or Innerforce, maybe Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition or the Stratus pwoer wood but i prefer the pro with these two or classic the waldner senso carbon.
But not sure which one.

Maybe first my playstyle and i play for 10 Years now.
I play close to the table. I push of course a lot in this class and wait for a good ball to attack but i want to attack more and better. In smashes i feel okay but i prefer control over speed because you can always hit harder with prober technique.
So what blade would be good from the above or even the Waldner Allplay, but i guess it is to slow for plastic ball.
Most of the last year i played with the infinity but i want something new.

And for rubbers i played with Xiom Vega Pro, Europe, Asia and Bluefire M3 and M2. I like the M3 or Vega europe on the Backhand a lot. But Vega Asia was cool too, so i guess the M2 would be a good way between the two or am i wrong?
or asia df?

and forehand yeah the vega asia was cool but it lacked a bit of speed i think. Vega Pro is besser but i dont feel a big diffrence between them two. Vega Eruope and M3 are to soft for my forehand.

EDIT: or the DHS 301 blade

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Infinity is a good controllable offensive blade. I recommend you stay with it. Also, neither Vega Asia nor Pro are slow. for my Vega Asia, I would actually rate it on par or even faster than T64. Try to work on your strokes, pay attention to muscle group synergy and achieving faster racket speeds.

I recommend a pause on equipment searching. Not to be mean, but you don't appear to have identified specific material characteristics that would accentuate your strengths (when you do get to that point, you will know exactly what to ask for). From my experience, fundamental skills skyrocketed when I played with the same setup for an entire year.