Tenergy 05 FX Rubber Review | With Kalinikos Kreanga

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What's up guys, today I'm joined alongside an absolute beast of the game, Kalinikos Kreanga. He’s well known for having the best backhand of all time! In this video we take a look at the rubber Kreanga uses on his backhand, the Tenergy 05 FX and compare it to Tenergy 05.

Enjoy the review :)

Have you tried Tenergy 05 FX? Any questions let us know in the comments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Never mind that I miss most of my shots. If I only had 7% more power it would all be okay. :D

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Never mind that I miss most of my shots. If I only had 7% more power it would all be okay. :D

Never mind what this Joker says. He never knows anything about what he says. (Code speak for you had better listen)

Triple hehe dude is a solid 2000 player for years and a state champion in TT.

jfolsen makes more shots in a match than any two of his opponents miss. He is being silly in this post.

As much as T05 FX is an awesome dynamic rubber on either wing for me, MX-K has come out and I gotta start using it or shut up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I lot of jokers say 05 FX is too weak or too mushy... whatever. They can pick up the ball after it goes by them while I add another point to the score.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
After seing the video I got curious: Do you use T05fx or M3 on the forehand?
Either way, what would be the differences in them that made you not use the same both sides?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Kreanga is awesome. Nothing more to be said.

And he nicely explained a lot of stuff that has been asked about BH in some current threads by nivekkan. And he also explained very nicely why, if you use something different on BH, you would usually use something softer on BH.

If that guy's FH has more force than his BH, then it is probably the case for almost all players.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
After seing the video I got curious: Do you use T05fx or M3 on the forehand?
Either way, what would be the differences in them that made you not use the same both sides?

Der_Echte is known for using most anything on BH and having a FH rubber preference pickier than a cat.

My setup until this week was 05FX FH and M3 BH. Prolly gunna be MX-K 47 on FH and M3, FX-P, FX-S or another soft rubber on BH.

It can be hard to put a finger on exactly what makes a rubber attractive on BH.. or even FH wing for that matter, but being able to land time after time it with my kind of impact makes a good impression though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Der_Echte is known for using most anything on BH and having a FH rubber preference pickier than a cat.

My setup until this week was 05FX FH and M3 BH. Prolly gunna be MX-K 47 on FH and M3, FX-P, FX-S or another soft rubber on BH.

It can be hard to put a finger on exactly what makes a rubber attractive on BH.. or even FH wing for that matter, but being able to land time after time it with my kind of impact makes a good impression though.
Thanks for your reply!

If you can use pretty much anything on the backhand side, it just wouldn't make sense paying the price of a tenergy having options that works for you at half the price. I guess it responds my question. [emoji846]

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for your reply!

If you can use pretty much anything on the backhand side, it just wouldn't make sense paying the price of a tenergy having options that works for you at half the price. I guess it responds my question. [emoji846]

For years, Der, known for being a skin-flint (old school US expression for cheap-skate) used an $8.00 Chinese rubber on BH: 2008XP. :)

As a result, he saved enough money to buy a castle and 2 Tenergys to boot.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I have recently changed my Bh from dignics 05 to T05fx and seen immediate improvement and consistency. Total agree with the review it’s so much easier to spin up backspin and the control is incredible. With dignics you need a precise stroke and always have to spin it to benefit where with T05 FX a light brush will lift backspin. So much better for intermediate players and players not at top level.

Dignics produces crazy spin though. If strokes are spot on I found many opponents blocked off the table which does always happen with T05fx but it’s very consistent. You can get away with slightly bad timing with T05fx but not with dignics.

I definitely made a good decision to moving to T05fx and it’s only been just over a week.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I have recently changed my Bh from dignics 05 to T05fx and seen immediate improvement and consistency. Total agree with the review it’s so much easier to spin up backspin and the control is incredible. With dignics you need a precise stroke and always have to spin it to benefit where with T05 FX a light brush will lift backspin. So much better for intermediate players and players not at top level.

Dignics produces crazy spin though. If strokes are spot on I found many opponents blocked off the table which does always happen with T05fx but it’s very consistent. You can get away with slightly bad timing with T05fx but not with dignics.

I definitely made a good decision to moving to T05fx and it’s only been just over a week.

Yea Dignics 05 requires a lot of technique and pull to be consistent with whether on the BH or FH. Good rubber for those who can tame it but too hard for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Yea Dignics 05 requires a lot of technique and pull to be consistent with whether on the BH or FH. Good rubber for those who can tame it but too hard for me.

Definitely. Not great if having a bad day. T05fx is so much easier to use. Shame doesn’t have same vicious spin as dignics as I got so many points from a backhand open up just due to the amount of spin. Unfortunately inconsistent at the moment but Mayb one for the future as technique and consistency improves.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Definitely. Not great if having a bad day. T05fx is so much easier to use. Shame doesn’t have same vicious spin as dignics as I got so many points from a backhand open up just due to the amount of spin. Unfortunately inconsistent at the moment but Mayb one for the future as technique and consistency improves.

Who knows, maybe FX versions of Dignics are up next.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I currently use Rozena but hope to upgrade to Tenergy 05 as my skill improves. On reading the above it seems that T05fx is a tuned down version of T05 but Rozena was designed as a easier to use T05.
T05fx is priced the same as T05 so is 20% more expensive than Rozena. Has anyone used both of these "tuned down" T05's and is the FX worth 20% more than Rozena?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I currently use Rozena but hope to upgrade to Tenergy 05 as my skill improves. On reading the above it seems that T05fx is a tuned down version of T05 but Rozena was designed as a easier to use T05.
T05fx is priced the same as T05 so is 20% more expensive than Rozena. Has anyone used both of these "tuned down" T05's and is the FX worth 20% more than Rozena?

T05 FX is not a tuned down T05, just a softer sponge at 42 deg instead of 46-47 deg, same hard and grippy topsheet.

Rozena does feel tuned down in comparison to Tenergy, it's more linear, controlable, safe and much less dynamic. It's an excellent rubber at what it does, I wished it had been around when I started playing.

When you are ready to upgrade, I would highly recommend going to Tenergy 05 FX 1.9mm on your FH, then maybe on your BH too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver smasher