Ask about equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Good morning, currently i begin to use Chinese rubbers and specifically bought 3 pairs of rubbers in AliExpress and 2 blades.
I would like a comparison or advice about the rubber that i should start for my adaptation.
The rubbers are:
- Haifu Whale 2 Power (training version)
- Sanwei Target 90
- DHS Hurricane 3

I started with non-tuned rubbers because i dont want a missile rubbers because my game is based more on spin than on power (spin-oriented), I usually do many service points and my topspin is based on the amount of spin.
Too i bought 2 blades, DHS PG7 (7 wood layers) and Sanwei F3 Pro (5+2ALC). The before year i played with Butterfly Petr Korbel (5 wood layers) and before some years with Timo Boll ALC.

I have training 2 times now with PG7 and Haifu, i love the heavy topspin of haifu but i think that the velocity of my topspins are a little slow.
I begin with PG7 because i read that the all wood blades are better than the carbon for develop the technique and the PG7 is nice with chinese rubbers.
For the moment i think that the hardness of haifu arent hard, I havent testing the hardness and i havent use the other rubbers yet.
About the bounce of chinese rubbers, i havent problems because this rubbers have a great short game and control.

I am interesting too in the rubber 729 Battle 2 , Reactor tornado , Three Sword Leap PRO (Blue sponge) and DHS Skyline TG3. I dont like boost rubbers

what do blade and rubber recommend for a spin-oriented player?

Please answers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Haifu 2 is outdated. Haifu 3 is much better and also kore durable.

My blades are:
729 C-5 All
DHS PG7 OFF+
Sanwei F3 PRO ALC
My rubbers:
Haifu whale 2 Power
Sanwei Target Pro 90
DHS H3
Reactor Corbor

I am interesting too in the rubber 729 Battle 2 , Reactor tornado , Three Sword Leap PRO (Blue sponge) and DHS Skyline TG3. I dont like boost rubbers
My game is spin and control. Too i have a nice block in backhand
what do blade and rubber recommend for a spin-oriented player?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
can you compare pg7 with sanwei alc?

Serves: Better for F3 although PG7 keeps your serve lower once you adapt to the rubber. You can produce better effect with F3.Although very similar

Control: Awesome the 2 blades have a big control. Evidently how F3 is more faster than PG7, you need close the angle, then trajectory is more direct
Besides being slower PG7 allows a great short game

Speed: The F3 Pro is much more faster than the PG7.

Feeling: Better for PG7, you feel better the roce and the blockages.

Blocking and Flat hit: A carbon wood blocks great however in case of F3 being so fast if you do not close the angle properly it will be difficult to block spiniy topspin. Apparently similar, maybe a better wood F3 a carbon wood but remember that having a more direct angle, the ball needs to be above the height of the redm does not curve as much as with PG7.

Topspin: heavy topspin for F3. More angle and spin for PG7. Dangerous the 2. More Spin oriented for PG7. More direct for F3
F3 creates a great fast pressure, power, thorny ... PG7 is fast although less, but it also has power, possibly more control and you can produce a lot of rotation and curve.

BackSpin: I feel better the PG7 for block, rub or hit. However, against backspin I sometimes notice it slow. and F3 compensates for that lack of energy of PG7 with haifu (In case haifu has a moderate speed)

Flip: Better with PG7, sensitive, adaptable flox. F3 is more direct and hard but it also does well if you master the technique will be more unstoppable but depending on your technique the hit will have more speed

Loop: Better for PG7, carbon makes it difficult to control however if you use a little spin, with carbon you can do more damage

Last edited:
Reactions: M.Hoang