Diferencia petr korbel made in Japan va korbel Europea

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Difference petr korbel made in Japan vs korbel Europea

Good,
I am interested in knowing the difference between the 2 blades, in terms of speed, control, etc. also in relation to physical conditions, weight, weight distribution, etc. and finally, if the price difference is justified.
Thank you

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
As I said in your other thread, I have an Euro at 87g and a MIJ (Made in Japan) at 97g. I believe that because of this 10g difference, I cannot really give you a fair comparison between the two, but anyways.
I loved the Euro Korbel when I got it. But it had a hollow sound when hitting at the center and I was not really happy with that sound (although it sounds great when you hit at the top 1/3). The playing was great though. I didn’t really want to change the blade, because I really liked it, so I gave a shot at a heavier Japanese one, which is the one I’m using now. Same great playing characteristics, but no hollow sound at all. A bit faster and less vibration also.

Again: My MIJ is a bit faster, a bit less vibration, no hollow sound, BUT I have a feeling that these characteristics are due the extra weight, and not about where they were made, but I cannot confirm it. That is why I told you to focus on a heavier one especially if you opt for the Euro version, in your other thread.

There are construction differences and I actually wanted to make a thread with pictures of both, with the differences and all, but I’m procrastinating that.

For now, long story short, if you want a wider handle and don’t mind the risk of having a hollow sound, go for the euro. If you are a nitpick with sound, and don’t mind a less wide (but still good) handle, go with MIJ.

Both play great.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
As I said in your other thread, I have an Euro at 87g and a MIJ (Made in Japan) at 97g. I believe that because of this 10g difference, I cannot really give you a fair comparison between the two, but anyways.
I loved the Euro Korbel when I got it. But it had a hollow sound when hitting at the center and I was not really happy with that sound (although it sounds great when you hit at the top 1/3). The playing was great though. I didn’t really want to change the blade, because I really liked it, so I gave a shot at a heavier Japanese one, which is the one I’m using now. Same great playing characteristics, but no hollow sound at all. A bit faster and less vibration also.

Again: My MIJ is a bit faster, a bit less vibration, no hollow sound, BUT I have a feeling that these characteristics are due the extra weight, and not about where they were made, but I cannot confirm it. That is why I told you to focus on a heavier one especially if you opt for the Euro version, in your other thread.

There are construction differences and I actually wanted to make a thread with pictures of both, with the differences and all, but I’m procrastinating that.

For now, long story short, if you want a wider handle and don’t mind the risk of having a hollow sound, go for the euro. If you are a nitpick with sound, and don’t mind a less wide (but still good) handle, go with MIJ.

Both play great.

I'd say the fact that your Korbel is faster and doesn't feel or sound hollow definitely has to do with your blade being heavier and therefore more dense, it probably has a bit to do with the quality of the wood too. On the other end, because it is more dense and therefore harder, it should vibrate a bit more but in this instance, the quality of the wood prevents it from vibrating much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I'd say the fact that your Korbel is faster and doesn't feel or sound hollow definitely has to do with your blade being heavier and therefore more dense, it probably has a bit to do with the quality of the wood too. On the other end, because it is more dense and therefore harder, it should vibrate a bit more but in this instance, the quality of the wood prevents it from vibrating much.
There are actually differences in the plies thickness also. Ayous core is thicker on my Euro, while top ply limba is ticker on my MIJ. I guess that would be heavier already, but indeed, the top ply limba looks of better quality on MIJ.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
There are actually differences in the plies thickness also. Ayous core is thicker on my Euro, while top ply limba is ticker on my MIJ. I guess that would be heavier already, but indeed, the top ply limba looks of better quality on MIJ.

Yea, that's a big difference there. I much prefer a smaller core and larger limba top ply.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Thanks to all, last question, you can tell a lot about the fact that the blade is bigger and not so distributed in the handle? I mean, in case you put heavy rubber, that the weight is noticeable ... and this poorly balanced
Thank you

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thanks to all, last question, you can tell a lot about the fact that the blade is bigger and not so distributed in the handle? I mean, in case you put heavy rubber, that the weight is noticeable ... and this poorly balanced
Thank you

Yea the head of the Korbel is a bit larger which means a larger sweet spot, more flex and better touch.

It's best to balance it with rubbers that are not too heavy, one of the reasons I used lower weight rubbers and not max thickness.