buy new blade help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
hello this is my first post in your forum and i want your help.

I play with butterfly primorac off-

about 2 years and i want to buy new blade.

i am thinking

stiga clipper wrb

stiga rosewood v

stiga ebenholz v

what is your opinion ?

i am 42 years old i play ping pong for 15 years and i am in very good level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
i prefer stiga because my local store have only stiga and the owner is my friend.
:rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
First off. Welcome to the forum. You'll find your answers here I'm sure. It's a great community and you're bound to love it here.

Now off to some questions to better suit your request.

What rubbers are you using. And what is your style? Or do you just want something faster than your Primorac? Do you like to play close to the table or further away? What level do you play at in Greece. I understand that you're at a very good level, but I don't know what level that is in comparison to other Greek leagues. Are you as good as Kalinikos Kreanga or are you a good amateur? Just some questions that we'll need to know to better help you make your choice.

Welcome and ttyl.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
no i am not as good as kreanga i am good amauteur. i am practicing 6 days per week , 2 hours a day.

3 days in the club and the others with robot.

The rubbers that i use now for forehand rakza 7 and for backhand tenergy 64.

my style is control aggresive, i play in mid distance from the table

thank you for your quick answers :)

Last edited:
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hi Ionas...welcome to the forum:)
Your game is quite similar to mine, mid table. I've been using stiga equipment for a very long time, and I have to say they're top notch. I have an Ebenholz VII, though I don't use it often, it's really good offensive blade. I think you need it to get the most out of your Rakza. very good for mid distance and far from the table attack. Clipper WRB is good too, but you may need extra power or a faster rubber (Calibra or Boosts) to make it perform at a higher level. Rosewood is quit similar to Ebenholz, just a little slower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
if you have to choose what of the 3 blade whould you choose ?
Hi Ionas...welcome to the forum:)
Your game is quite similar to mine, mid table. I've been using stiga equipment for a very long time, and I have to say they're top notch. I have an Ebenholz VII, though I don't use it often, it's really good offensive blade. I think you need it to get the most out of your Rakza. very good for mid distance and far from the table attack. Clipper WRB is good too, but you may need extra power or a faster rubber (Calibra or Boosts) to make it perform at a higher level. Rosewood is quit similar to Ebenholz, just a little slower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
You should bring your old Primorac to the store with no rubbers. Bounce the ball on your blade and compare the bounce and vibration feeling with the Stiga blades. Just pick the one you like the most. I think modern 5 ply will be faster than your old Primorac.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
i think that i need something a bit faster.
i cant do that because my old primorac is dead.( i gave it to my son and broken it):confused:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I would suggest rosewood v, vii is too heavy and stiff since you have played with primorac off- for some time. They are quite similar but rosewood v is more solid and should be more powerful. Some of the top women players (Guo Yue, Feng Tian Wei) use these blade. Get your friend to give you more discount or maybe at cost? It's worth a try.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
with all the siga blades that ive used, cllipper wood is the best for me, but ofcourse its very subjective because its my personal preference but for me it has both good control and power, but on the otherhand its also very heavy, mine is around 96 grms, good thing i like heavy set ups

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For the price the Clipper is the best. There is no doubt. It is less than half the price of the others and just as good.

My Clipper is 89 grams. I had them weigh them to find one that was a weight I wanted.

But the other blades are great blades. It is hard to go wrong.

Ebenholz V is the fastest. I like it a lot. It feels very good.

Rosewood V is slightly slower than the Ebenholz but gets more spin. I like this one a tiny bit better than the Ebenholz V. But I would use either of them.

So, for the price I like the Clipper the best, if money was no object, I would consider a Rosewood but I might still end up getting a Clipper for myself. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
For the price the Clipper is the best. There is no doubt. It is less than half the price of the others and just as good.

My Clipper is 89 grams. I had them weigh them to find one that was a weight I wanted.

But the other blades are great blades. It is hard to go wrong.

Ebenholz V is the fastest. I like it a lot. It feels very good.

Rosewood V is slightly slower than the Ebenholz but gets more spin. I like this one a tiny bit better than the Ebenholz V. But I would use either of them.

So, for the price I like the Clipper the best, if money was no object, I would consider a Rosewood but I might still end up getting a Clipper for myself. :)

nice clipper weight, i have 2 clippers, 1 is the old flared cilpper i had it back in 1991 and it weighs 95 grams and 1 is recently purchased, straight handle weighing 96 grams, i had them weigh all their clippers but havent found 1 lower than 96 grams, i think anything heavier is too much for me, i had a mazunov which weights a whooping 105 grams and i found it.. alas.. too heavy for my liking