What is a good blade for me?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Im a defensive BH chopper but very aggresive with FH... what blade is good for me

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Im a defensive BH chopper but very aggresive with FH... what blade is good for me

Hey Trance, I am not a chopper or have had no experience with chopping, but If it was me i was personally check out what Chen and joo See Hyuk use becuase they have obviouslly experimented with everything and have decided on what works best for them. Ok yeah its for them, but Im sure you would use it well. Hence, why everyone is using the TImo Boll blades, becuase we all want to be like Timo Boll :)

P.s, i hope theres some chopper/forehand attackers on here who can help you out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
You could also try out the CHEN WEIXING DEFENDER. I think you play like him because he loves to chop with his backhand but if he has a chance to block or counter with his forehand he'll attack. I'm not really a chopper, but you should watch him play. he's a interesting player. :D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
i think dans butterfly viscaria blade:)) just kidding. i think hallmark aurora blade or maybe tibhar musiro. there are both off and all in characteristics. check if they are available in your place:)

Hehe yeh the Viscaria blade would be a great shout :p just kidding ha,, Chen FTW!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
The LKT Toxic 3 or 5 would be perfect for your game. Combine with 802 rubber and you can chop like crazy on the BH and hit like a demon on the FH. and the whole setup is not expensive.

This user has no status.
T

This user has no status.
You could also try out the CHEN WEIXING DEFENDER. I think you play like him because he loves to chop with his backhand but if he has a chance to block or counter with his forehand he'll attack. I'm not really a chopper, but you should watch him play. he's a interesting player. :D

yeah men ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Thanks for the feedback guys...my mum got me a Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk for christmas in advance :p with tsp curl 1p 0.3-0.6 and dhs hurricane 3

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
You will be happy with a fast rubber on forehand, and tacky rubber on backhand, as far as blade ? lighter the better !
I started playing with the same style as you do, but with those recreation paddles from Sports Authority, which is not tacky at all and heavy to loop with; there are speed differentials between rubbers, so you will need good foot work. Carbon blade or similar composite blade will keep it light, give you most of the mobility advantage. The lightest blade I know exist is Hunter Flame, less than 60 grams. Most of the blades out there are 80~90 grams. Try some of them out and get the feeling of it before you make any rushed decision. Paddle palace has a chart just for your ref: http://www.paddlepalace.com/Blades-Shakehand/products/7 , click on Chart View

says Photino rocks xD
says Photino rocks xD
Nov 2010
You will be happy with a fast rubber on forehand, and tacky rubber on backhand, as far as blade ? lighter the better !
I started playing with the same style as you do, but with those recreation paddles from Sports Authority, which is not tacky at all and heavy to loop with; there are speed differentials between rubbers, so you will need good foot work. Carbon blade or similar composite blade will keep it light, give you most of the mobility advantage. The lightest blade I know exist is Hunter Flame, less than 60 grams. Most of the blades out there are 80~90 grams. Try some of them out and get the feeling of it before you make any rushed decision. Paddle palace has a chart just for your ref: http://www.paddlepalace.com/Blades-Shakehand/products/7 , click on Chart View

i agree with the light blade part, but im not so sure about carbon as itll be too fast for a defender.