Stiga Evolution slightly more offensive alternative

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Hi, had this paddle for about a year, and it's time to replace it (I don't play too often - may be once a week) and it's a bit too defensive for me. It took me about a month to apply enough strength to put the ball over the net consistently.
I prefer to play a mixed type of game usually closer to the table, but I definitely want to be able to return aggressive attacks from a meter or two away.

I think Stiga Carbon and Kingspin Jet800 are way too offensive...

Any help is appreciated

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Many companies will attach rubber for you prior to shipping but it is still really useful to learn to do this yourself. It is pretty easy after the first time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Many companies will attach rubber for you prior to shipping but it is still really useful to learn to do this yourself. It is pretty easy after the first time.
absolutely - I have no argument here, ping pong isn't my only hobby though and I only play maybe once a week. Gentleman before only mentioned the blade type...also evolution is a defensive paddle and I am being suggested the offensive one and which rubber?
waiting for a more comprehensive suggestion :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
What rubbers you have on it?
You can change only the rubbers with faster rubbers, it's not that hard to do it.
The blade is good even with the new ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Hi, had this paddle for about a year, and it's time to replace it (I don't play too often - may be once a week) and it's a bit too defensive for me. It took me about a month to apply enough strength to put the ball over the net consistently.
I prefer to play a mixed type of game usually closer to the table, but I definitely want to be able to return aggressive attacks from a meter or two away.

I think Stiga Carbon and Kingspin Jet800 are way too offensive...

Any help is appreciated

i doubt many here have much experience with premade paddles. Once someone decides to take up the sport seriously the move is to go with a custom made blade and rubbers. If you dont want to go down that road - I guess you could go for one of their higher priced "5 Star" paddles

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
i doubt many here have much experience with premade paddles. Once someone decides to take up the sport seriously the move is to go with a custom made blade and rubbers. If you dont want to go down that road - I guess you could go for one of their higher priced "5 Star" paddles

I understand that, 5 Star paddles could be offensive/defensive etc...I have played the sport seriously in my teenage years, not many-many years later it's just a hobby.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
They don't specify, the fact that makes it slow is the hollow very light blade. I also don't think it's made to replace rubber.

This is what they list as specs on their website:

• Performance-Level Table Tennis Racket
  • Performance Ratings- Speed: 96 Spin: 94 Control: 90
  • Handle: Concave Pro
  • Rubber: Premium
  • Sponge: 2.0 mm
  • Blade: 6-ply Light

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
They don't specify, the fact that makes it slow is the hollow very light blade. I also don't think it's made to replace rubber.

This is what they list as specs on their website:

• Performance-Level Table Tennis Racket
  • Performance Ratings- Speed: 96 Spin: 94 Control: 90
  • Handle: Concave Pro
  • Rubber: Premium
  • Sponge: 2.0 mm
  • Blade: 6-ply Light

corrections, they say the rubber is replaceable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I won't say anything new, but I'd stay away from those "high end" premade rackets. They can get way too expensive for what they are and you can get so much better and for less. Just without turbo nano labels.

For example my racket is super cheap, it should be smth like 40eur for the blade, 25eur for FH DHS H3Neo and some 50 for my BH Donic Bluefire. So in total ~120eur. If you change the rubbers to smth like nice chinese made Palio AK, which cost around 15 per rubber, you would get 70eur for a good quality not too offensive blade..

Better and cheaper :cool:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I won't say anything new, but I'd stay away from those "high end" premade rackets. They can get way too expensive for what they are and you can get so much better and for less. Just without turbo nano labels.

For example my racket is super cheap, it should be smth like 40eur for the blade, 25eur for FH DHS H3Neo and some 50 for my BH Donic Bluefire. So in total ~120eur. If you change the rubbers to smth like nice chinese made Palio AK, which cost around 15 per rubber, you would get 70eur for a good quality not too offensive blade..

Better and cheaper :cool:

Thank you for your advise, seems like both of your sides are extremely offensive. Are they both OFF+?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Thank you for your advise, seems like both of your sides are extremely offensive. Are they both OFF+?

no, they are not. blade is is not off+ for sure. H3Neo is rubber with a lot of gears, it's not a tensor, so if you smack, it flies, but if you don't the speed is average. It's perfect for "touch" game. It has some tackiness too. Donic Bluefire is slightly more offensive, it's tensor, so there is some pop effect, but nothing crazy.

Generally, the playing characteristics depend both on rubbers and the blade, and I'd say even more on the blade. So if your blade is all wood, it would be hard to get smth very super crazy fast even with 7ply hard wood blade. If it's 5ply Stiga OFF, it won't be near to off+