Yasaka Zebarate

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Hi,
I am quite new to this forum, and I dont really know where to post/ask this. Im currently using a Butterfly Timo Boll ALC with Rakza 7 soft on both side, I saw the Yasaka Zebarate blade on a website and quite like the looks and the black handle (the TB ALC gets dirty very quickly) and also want to make an all yasaka bat, How fast/slow is it compared to the TB ALC, are they quite similar or quite different, i cannot find any good reviews on the blade, if anyone has used this blade or both the blades, could you please make a comparison? i prefer soft rubbers on a fairly fast blade, but not as fast as the ZLC series from butterfly. the ALC series is just perfect for my playing style. I would like some input before making the change. thanks in advance..

regards,
QuicSilver.

pic of the Zebarate

cache.php

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
To me the Zebarate looks like a close kin to the Innerforce/Apolonia ZLC. I'm guessing it's limba/limba/ZLC/ayous/zlc/limba/limba, like these two, and reportedly rather thin. I'm unsure about the core, though. So that's where I'd look to get a general sense of its playing properties.

(The limba/limba/zlc bit was specified at a few shops. Not sure, looking at the picture, if that can really be limba.)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
To me the Zebarate looks like a close kin to the Innerforce/Apolonia ZLC. I'm guessing it's limba/limba/ZLC/ayous/zlc/limba/limba, like these two, and reportedly rather thin. I'm unsure about the core, though. So that's where I'd look to get a general sense of its playing properties.

(The limba/limba/zlc bit was specified at a few shops. Not sure, looking at the picture, if that can really be limba.)

Hey,
Sorry took so long to reply as i forgot i made this post, i've finally got the blade, was in pre-order and arrived late last month, it is as you said, its limba+limba+PB Carbon (same as ZLC)+Kiri core+ PB Carbon+limba+limba (this info was quite difficult to get as even the yasaka reps got confused between limba and ayous.. and also you are spot on on the comparison between the Apolonia ZLC, which a friend has, they somewhat feel the same but couldnt make a direct comparison because i use rakza 7 soft max FH and Valmo max BH while he uses Tenergy 05 FH and Barracuda BH, the feeling of the blade is very similar.. but as i said, not apples to apples... it is quite a good blade and better for me as i find the TB ALC too fast. weighs approx 87g.. it is a great blade, not too fast, but fast enough, very good control and feel, my game has improved after switching from the TB ALC, blocks are easier and drives and loops although a bit slower, more consistent and precise. All in all, a solid blade and a good competitor for butterfly innerforce layer type blades and at a cheaper price, if i were to give it a rating, it would be an OFF - . I apologize for my lack of experience as i have never done this kind of review thing before. Cheers.
IMG_20191123_150847.jpgIMG_20191123_151007.jpgIMG_20191123_164717.jpgIMG_20191209_135713.jpgIMG_20191214_010922.jpg

Last edited: