Rubber more similar to Tenergy 05fx

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Good, I do not know if this topic has been discussed before, I would like to know that tires from other brands would be the most similar to Tenergy 05fx, they have told me that the xiom vega pro would be quite similar, to see what you think. Thank you

This user has no status.
Donic barracuda. I have tried both and cannot see too much difference other than the tenergy's durability is higher

Sorry to ask, but if that's the case, then why isn't baracuda the flagship rubber of donic instead of rubbers like bluefire or bluestorm?

Reactions: thomas.pong
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
T05FX is a soft, dynamic rubber capable of making it easy to generate massive spin and enough pace.

There have always been rubbers in this class, but never with enough feel and control and spin to approach T05FX in those regards.

Later generations of ESN rubbers close the gap in many of those critical areas. While nothing will feel and perform EXACTLY like T05FX, there is one rubber than made me not worry about sticking T05FX on my blade for the kind of performance one expects from a top shelf dynamic soft rubber.

Tibhar FX-S to me is hands down the best rubber for me when I desire a dynamic explosive heavy spin soft rubber. I could use that rubber on either wing.

Since I now use Tibhar MX-K (in 47 degree) for FH, FX-S is my BH rubber.

I could make an argument that MX-K for several different purposed could excel and surpass 05FX is some important regards, except 47 degrees is not the same class of softness, even if MX-K plays a little softer. maybe softened with oil MX-K would be the easy explosive dynamic rubber 05FX is. I use the same stokes and get a great result with MX-K, but the feel is obviously harder and it is not the same ease of generating massive spin with a weaker stroke. I never value that a whole lot, but many do.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I should make a separate thread for discussing MX-K and its properties. Next Level has come across a sheet and has some opinions too, he will likely say what he wishes at the time he wishes.

If MX-K 47 were softer like say 43ish is would be like a hybrid of a linear Aurus Soft on the low to middle impacts and an explosive T05FX on hard impacts. It does some things off the bounce 05FX wouldn't do as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Tibhar FX-S to me is hands down the best rubber for me when I desire a dynamic explosive heavy spin soft rubber.

I agree here and have recommended FX-S to t05fx users. As far as I know, no-one yet has had any regrets.

Of course it is not identical, but the closest.