Top10 table tennis tables !

Top 10 BUDGET tables.
Among these I've played on Andro Competion, which is good, and the Joola, which for me is bad - very sensitive to different balls.
But Price really matters. For 700 euro Xiom T-8 is much better, close to Butterfly Europa, wich is excellent, though overpriced.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm wondering about the "folding" tables vs. the tables that are stored away as separate halves.

Reason is that we're using the Tibhar 28R at the club; the tables were used at the 2011 WTTC (played in Rotterdam). Which of course means they're the tables that got ZJK the gold medal, and that have been played by Wang Hao, Ma Long, Timo Boll, Xu Xin, Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen, Ma Lin, Li Xaoxia, Samsonov, Joo Saehyuk, well, by anybody who was anybody at the time.

I've just been restoring them. The edges and the table tops were showing signs of wear, and I suspect many of the damages (dents, edge damage) are related to setting up and storing away.

I plan on replacing the (about a dozen) tables piecemeal, buying a few tables every couple of years - so tables at the club will have a lifecycle of about 10-12 years of use, with the average age petering out to about 5-6 years. I hope to reach a good and stable average table quality that way, in the long run.

If my suspicion is correct, table damage caused by storing away/setting up may be very different for "folding" tables. Also, storage space requirements appear to be lower. For this reason, I'm considering the Butterfly Centrefold 25 table, but I'm also looking at these folding 25mm Sponeta tables. (Wheelchair-friendliness is also important to us. Not all tables are.)

What's your experience in damages related to table handling? Are folding tables indeed "safer" in this regard?

Last edited:
Butterfly Centrefold is wheelchair friendly.
We have only one Centrefold in the clubq the others are Europa and Andro. For me the differences between Centrefold and Europa are neglectable, but the price is not. The difference between Europe and Andro is bigger.
Folding tables take more place to store, but its much better in all aspects - safety, easiness, stability, quality tables are very heavy.

Reactions: yoass
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Butterfly Centrefold is wheelchair friendly.

Yes. Sponeta also has wheelchair-friendly models, but it's not very common.

Folding tables take more place to store, but its much better in all aspects - safety, easiness, stability, quality tables are very heavy.

They take more place to store than the type of tables that you flip on the side, fold in the legs and then just stack them, certainly.

Yet compared to tables like our 28Rs, which are 'rollers' (two separate halves, each of which tilts on a rolling frame), that should not be so. At least, I've been told differently. Not true?

Looking at specs, a 'roller' (tilt/wheelframe) type takes a storage depth of 66,5cm. The Centrefold stores away with a depth of 48,0cm. The stacking type (with fold-in table legs) stores at a depth of 17cm. That's specs, not experience, and what happens when storing away a bunch of tables can be an entirely different story...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yes. Sponeta also has wheelchair-friendly models, but it's not very common.

They take more place to store than the type of tables that you flip on the side, fold in the legs and then just stack them, certainly.

Yet compared to tables like our 28Rs, which are 'rollers' (two separate halves, each of which tilts on a rolling frame), that should not be so. At least, I've been told differently. Not true?

Looking at specs, a 'roller' (tilt/wheelframe) type takes a storage depth of 66,5cm. The Centrefold stores away with a depth of 48,0cm. The stacking type (with fold-in table legs) stores at a depth of 17cm. That's specs, not experience, and what happens when storing away a bunch of tables can be an entirely different story...

the wear pattern is very different in folders and depends on the exact table.

My club uses lots of butterfly ones and the biggest issue is when they are opened/closed without care and sat on. This seems over time to warp the folding mechanism and there are 3 or so tables where when unfolded the legs are a little off the ground and not flat. the issue with this compared to the rollers is its permentantly an issue with no real touching up can help. Edges stil get dinged but I am certain it is less and there are very often next to no top damage.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.