Spin: Extreme
Type: ESN rubber

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

This is THE RUBBER of 2019 for me. I have been testing the 60 degree version for a month before the 55 degrees was decided to be released. Apparently the 60 degree version seems too fast for most people. I was able to almost control it only in my backhand and after 2 weeks of playing. This is a beast and a hard rubber to adjust to initially unless you are a high level player. A friend of mine who is equivalent to a 2000+ player immeidately liked the Hyper 55 because he has been using the Hyper 60 for a few weeks now when I let him test it. The Hyper 55 on the other hand is a more controllable version but still very fast and is faster than almost all of the rubbers in the market right now. In my opinion, the Omega 7 Hyper 60 degree version is the closest rubber you can use to a professional Xiom rubber but I do not think it will sell a lot since many people cannot control it once they have tried it therefore having less market.
Anyway, the topsheet is a very grippy topsheet. It is not just grippy on your touch but the ball itself. Yes, the topsheet is thin with very short pip columns. I compared the pip column of the O7 Hyper and Asia and the Hyper's pip column is much shorter more like a Hurricane 3 design or the Nexy MXK H but there is a big difference. The topsheet of the Nexy MXK H is not as grippy compared to Hyper's topsheet. I will explain this as I go along with my review.The pores are much smaller compared to that of a normal ESn rubber having 47.5 and below sponge hardness. This is probably the reason why the whole rubber is more dense and also heavier. This is harder than the Tenergy 05H by 1 degree probably.
I tested the Omega 7 Hyper side by side with an Omega 7 Asia on several blades - Xiom Stradivarius, Offensive S and Xiom Solo. Boy, my drives during drills were almost going out of the table and had to adjust a lot. As what I have said, the Hyper is a beast. So far this is the fastest rubber in the market that I have tried. I can say it is a tad faster than the MXK H or Tenergy 05H for that matter and this is not for everybody. However, if you have the skills and the guts to use this you will be rewarded with offensive strokes that have great speed and power mroe than what you had before. The springiness of this rubber is unbelievable and it made Tenergy 64 look like its baby brother in terms of speed. I suspect that aside from the sponeg composition and design, Xiom probably used their own factory tuning that they used for their pro players. I have used their pro rubbers intended for their sponsored players and this is almost as good as those. The Stradivarius with the Hyper was a bit of a challenge for control at first when I was using it in my forehand so I sitched it to my backhand and that is when things got a little better. When you are in a rally on a bh to bh contest of power, you will feel the balls impact and power when you are on the receivign end of the this rubber. The friend of mine who uses this as his forehand rubber can actually control it well after a few hours of playing. This rubber is on a different level when used by a high level player. He used Tenergy 05 and 05h for a long time but he swears this rubber is just on anotehr few levels in terms of power and speed.
For the spin, yes this is very spinny. Unlike the MXK H which lacks spin even if you brush hard and need sponge engagement, the O7H can produce spin by thin brushing. The arc is medium heighrt compared to the O7A's high arc when looping. People will surely ask me on why my opinion on the MXK-H's spin was not good. It is because the topsheet of the MXK-H is just not as grippy as the O7H's. This is the reason why if pip columns are too short but the topsheet is not tacky or grippy you will just end up having a very fast and bouncy rubber but lacks spin unless you really hit hard so it will be a smasher's or a hitter's rubber. With the O7H, spin is not really a problem because it is very spinny. The Omega 7 Asia is easier to spin than the Hyper because it is softer by 2.5 degrees and at the same time you can still ahev the ball sink into the topsheet but once you are in your strongest topspin shots or counterloops, the Hyper will offer more power and spin. I can confidently say the spin of the Omega 7 Hyper is equal to that of the Tenergy 05H. It's just that on very strong shots you will have mroe vicious balls. When I was drilling backhand topspins, I felt that I could brush better than the Omega 7 Asia with much less power applied. This was the time I can say it was really spinny on my backhand because of the exagerrated arc of the ball when being blocked. in my opinion, other ESn rubbers do not come close. The Rasanter 53 if it has the same topsheet make up as its 50 degree brothers, I would doubt it will be as spinny as the Hyper.
Other things I love abou the Hyper is that when it comes to rallies it is an awesome rubber use to hammer opponents incoming topspins. Counterloopers really appreciated this rubber during the tests and even plain smashing versus topspins was suprisingly good. Despite being a very fast rubber, the Hyper has gears. It can do drop shots with no problem and also do flicks well. If you smash a lot then this is also good your smashes with the Hyper will be blazingly fast.
I think this is still cheaper than Tenergy 05. This is a pretty durable rubber. I have been using this for a month now and the topsheet is still very grippy. MXP would erode in about 3 weeks but the O7H seems to retain much of the grip really well even after playing 3-4x a week.

Vega X
Weight: 72 grams (uncut)
Cut Weight: 48 grams
Speed: Very Fast
Spin Very high
Type: ESN
Sponge hardness: approx 47.5 degrees (need confirmation)
cache.php

cache.php

The Vega X is another new product from Xiom before the year ends. AT first I was a bit surprised that Xiom added another Vega rubber but it totally makes sense in the long run since the Vega Series need upgrades but at the same time keep the prices low to midrange. The last addition of the Vega rubbers before the X was the Vega Tour which has the 2nd hardest feel among the Vega rubbers with the Vega China being the hardest. The Vega Ten, yes it should be called Vega 10 just like in the Marvel universe Wolverine whould also be called Weapon 10 and not Weapon X, has a firm sponge. feels like 47.5 hardness but I need to confirm this first. The topsheet is a matte red topsheet with a grippy feel. Quality seems higher compared to vega Pro. I also do not know why they named this Vega X(10) unless this is the 10th year since the original Vega Series were released back in 2009.

I used the Xiom Solo 7 ply blade on this test with Xiom Stradivarius also. I noticed the low arc the moment I started hitting with drills on the table both on the forehand and backhand. This happened on both Stradiuvarius and Solo blades. There is a good amount of power from the Vega X especially when I was using it in the Solo as the Stradi blade is already a fast blade. It gave me some sort of distinction about its speed since the Solo blade is considered as OFF- than being an OFF blade. The Vega X is plenty fast and i would rate the speed as probably faster than that of an Acuda S1 rubber. It is faster than Vega Pro though I think the Vega Tour is bouncier.
I also tried looping with it the Vega Japan rubber o nthe other side just for comparison. The Vega X is quite spinny and seems spinnier by 1 or 2 levels than the Vega Pro. I noticed a low to medium arc when looping backspin with the Vega X while the Vega Japan has some sort of higher arc. I find the Vega Japan easier to loop with although looping with the Vega X is not an issue. I think it is probably with the softer topsheet of the Vega Japan that lets me loop is easily. Here is my take on this and this is my opinion - I think Xiom introduced this rubber as an intermediate level rubber that is below the level of the Omega V or IV series. Vega rubbers are still best selling rubbers in the world for new or returning players but admittedly, the Vega rubbers like Pro or Europe are already 10 years old and with the change of ball specs, it also affected the rubbers performance. This is the reason why maybe Xiom released a rubber that would be good for intermediate players at mid-range price (Xiom said this is almost in the price range of the original Vega series) so that it will be affordable compared to their much expensive rubbers like Omega V or VII rubbers.

Overall, I highly recommend this as a replacement for Vega Pro. The durability and grip of the topsheet seem very good. I have removed the rubber a few times and glued it a few times and have not noticed any chips on the sponge so aside from the topsheet reformulation for better performance, they also improved the sponge's durability.

Last edited:
Thanks, yogi, I'm glad that you made that review using O7A for comparison.
Very informative, at least for me.
You say that O7H has a lower looping arc than O7A /maybe middistance-midforce?/.
For me O7A has a lower looping arc than O7T, and O7Pro has a bit lower arc than O7A.
Do you have the same experience and does it mean that O7H has a looping arc close to O7Pro?

Price for both new rubbers? Also to confirm, the Omega 7 hyper would be the hardest in the Omega 7 series right?

Yes hatdest. Price is wihin omega 7 range. Same as vega as in veha price range.

Reactions: sampletext
This user has no status.
Hey Yogi, very nice review. I am very interested of Xiom Vega X. I've been playing Xiom Vega Pro for some time and in my opinion it's a brilliant rubber for me. Few weeks ago I read ( I think) Your post and You said there that VP it's a little bit outdated rubber in plastic balls era. This opinion pushed me to try newest rubber from Xiom- Omega VII Europe. Unfortunately, I didn't like this change. It seemed to me that my forehand attacks were weaker and opponent was able to deal it with them suprisingly easy. Moreover, I lost control on block... So after 4 or 5 trainigs I came back to VP. I didn't try Omega VII pro because probably it could be a little bit too fast for me... But now when You say that Xiom Vega X will be a nice replacement for VP I can't wait to test it. Or maybe I should try also Omega VII Pro? What do You think? My blade is Butterfly TB ZLF and I use VP on my forehand side.