PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Tomokazu Harimoto Innerforce ALC Blade Review

Dan
11-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Hey guys,

Here's our latest review of the Tomokazu Harimoto ALC blade by Butterfly! The Japanese Wonderkid Harimoto is just 16 years old and already has his own personal blade out!

We compares the Harimoto blade to the Timo Boll ALC, Innerforce ALC, and Viscaria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVBz0MiMCWA

What do you think of the Harimoto blade?

thomas.pong
11-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Very accurate review, love mine!

Dan
11-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Very accurate review, love mine!

Thanks Thomas, how do you find it with T05 FX on the backhand?

Dipak1974
11-10-2019, 07:50 PM

Hi Dan. Out of curiousity how does it compare to the apolonia ZLC? Both Limba outers and ayous core with only real difference being the carbon?

How do they both compare and play against each other?

Also out of curiousity have you moved to 05fx on your backhand after your review or are you on dignics. Just out of interest lol....

yogi_bear
11-10-2019, 08:44 PM
nice one. just a pricey blade.

piligrim
11-10-2019, 10:31 PM
nice one. just a pricey blade.

you can get it from prott for only $135

BlueSkies
11-11-2019, 12:02 AM
Nice review. :)

I love my Harimoto blade.
Just the right combination of speed and feel.

I trimmed the wings a tad to get the gip right. It plays magnificent. :cool:

88 g

jammmail
11-11-2019, 12:11 PM
We compares the Harimoto blade to the Timo Boll ALC, Innerforce ALC, and Viscaria.

Hi Dan - how does it compare to the No.1 Senso that you tested with Ovtcharov as it has a similar construction?

vik2000
11-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Nice review. :)

I love my Harimoto blade.
Just the right combination of speed and feel.

I trimmed the wings a tad to get the gip right. It plays magnificent. :cool:

88 g

Revspin's rating on HT blade is such a joke. 7.8 speed? Some rogue reviewers clearly rated it very low due to their hatred towards HT screaming probably.

vik2000
11-11-2019, 05:18 PM

Curious why it's so cheap on prott. I don't suppose Butterfly will like a supplier selling at a much lower price and shipping it internationally.

BlueSkies
11-11-2019, 05:18 PM
Revspin's rating on HT blade is such a joke. 7.8 speed? Some rogue reviewers clearly rated it very low due to their hatred towards HT screaming probably.Yeah. In general revspins rating are terrible. I never use them.

jammmail
11-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Teessport is the butterfly supplier in the UK. They rate is as speed 9.25 and control as 7.5, which i thought was weird as they also have Viscaria and Innerforce ALC as 9 speed, 8.5 control.

vik2000
11-11-2019, 08:43 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever, at least by the general definition of "control" people use.

The whole point of placing a carbon next to the core is to have a better control.

jammmail
11-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Exactly - good to know that people see it as slightly slower than a Viscaria etc. To be honest I think they just make there rating up out of thin air.

laistrogian
11-12-2019, 10:10 PM
Hi Dan. Out of curiousity how does it compare to the apolonia ZLC? Both Limba outers and ayous core with only real difference being the carbon?

How do they both compare and play against each other?

Also out of curiousity have you moved to 05fx on your backhand after your review or are you on dignics. Just out of interest lol....

I've had both Innerforce Layer ZLC and ALC.

The ZLC will have a lot more vibration on soft touch and blocks, but on hard hits and you penetrate through the ZLC, the blade feels really stiff.

The ALC is more numb on soft hits, but on hard hits you can start feeling the ALC feedback. There is less difference in the feeling for the ALC than the ZLC.

I prefer mizutani over boll ALC, but i prefer Innerforce ALC over ZLC

vik2000
11-12-2019, 11:48 PM
I've had both Innerforce Layer ZLC and ALC.

The ZLC will have a lot more vibration on soft touch and blocks, but on hard hits and you penetrate through the ZLC, the blade feels really stiff.

The ALC is more numb on soft hits, but on hard hits you can start feeling the ALC feedback. There is less difference in the feeling for the ALC than the ZLC.

So out of Mizu, Boll ALC, Innerforce ALC and ZLC, which do you prefer the most?

laistrogian
11-13-2019, 12:21 AM
So out of Mizu, Boll ALC, Innerforce ALC and ZLC, which do you prefer the most?

Currently i have the mizutani and innerforce alc.

I like both equally but mizutani can be too quick at times. Innerforce alc for me requires a bouncier rubber as fastarc g1 straight out felt too unresponsive at times. I put rakza 7 on it and it felt way easier to use

My mizutani on the other hand needs a less bouncy rubber like g1 to help it get the lower gear

thomas.pong
11-13-2019, 09:31 PM

I also prefer the Mizunati ZLC over the Timo Boll ALC or Viscaria, and Innerforce ALC/Harimoto over IF ZLC.

thomas.pong
11-13-2019, 09:32 PM
Exactly - good to know that people see it as slightly slower than a Viscaria etc. To be honest I think they just make there rating up out of thin air.

I would say it's quite a bit slower than the Viscaria not slightly. Butterfly's ratings are more on-point and give a comprehensive comparison.

thomas.pong
11-13-2019, 09:35 PM

Hi Dan,

I love T05 FX on the BH of my Harimoto, great BH rubber, much like described in your video with Kreanga.

I was going to use it on the FH too, but since the blade has a soft feeling, I upgraded to T05 for the extra hardness and kick.

Dipak1974
11-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Hi Dan,

I love T05 FX on the BH of my Harimoto, great BH rubber, much like described in your video with Kreanga.

I was going to use it on the FH too, but since the blade has a soft feeling, I upgrading to T05.

T05fx is such a great bh rubber. For Fh despite the extra control it would be great but T05 on fh is better for outright winners I think. Obviously depending on your level.

I have temporarily been using dignics again on my new apolonia blade which has much better feeling and dwell compared to my IFL ZLC and have found it easier to use so I can’t wait for my new sheet of T05fx to arrive next week for my Bh which will be even easier to use.

I have never used a ALC blade before. I went from all wood to IFL ZLC to now Apolonia ZLC.

Dream2K
11-14-2019, 06:44 PM
If one looks at the numbers in the links below, Innerforce ALC should behave extremely similarly to Clipper CC. Or one could surmise that Clipper CC is somewhere between Innerforce ALC and Innerforce ZLC (with the composites being very close to each other).

Could somebody who played with all three or two of them agree or disagree with the research at TTGear Lab?
https://ttgearlab.com/2017/02/16/samsonov-force-pro-black-edition-vs-some-7-ply-wood-blades-comparison/
https://ttgearlab.com/2018/12/12/butterfly-innerforce-layer-alc-lab-test/

BryanY
11-14-2019, 08:10 PM
T05fx is such a great bh rubber. For Fh despite the extra control it would be great but T05 on fh is better for outright winners I think. Obviously depending on your level.

I have temporarily been using dignics again on my new apolonia blade which has much better feeling and dwell compared to my IFL ZLC and have found it easier to use so I can’t wait for my new sheet of T05fx to arrive next week for my Bh which will be even easier to use.

I have never used a ALC blade before. I went from all wood to IFL ZLC to now Apolonia ZLC.

Have you tried DIGNICS 05 FX? I rarely hear people talk about the FX version.

thomas.pong
11-14-2019, 09:24 PM
Have you tried DIGNICS 05 FX? I rarely hear people talk about the FX version.

That's because FX versions of Dignics are not a thing, at least not yet. Don't know if Butterfly have plans to release them or not, doesn't seem like it based on the LARC but we'll see... I'd be very interested, but maybe it'd beat the point of Dignics?

They just released Dignics 80 and 64, and 09C is on the LARC. Perhaps they're not done expending on the series.

yogi_bear
11-14-2019, 11:26 PM

135 usd is like half a month's salary for common people in my place.

vik2000
11-14-2019, 11:48 PM
135 usd is like half a month's salary for common people in my place.

Where is this? Guess I should feel blessed $135 is less than 1/3 of my daily salary. That's quite a contrast and sure put things into perspective.

BryanY
11-15-2019, 03:01 AM
That's because FX versions of Dignics are not a thing, at least not yet. Don't know if Butterfly have plans to release them or not, doesn't seem like it based on the LARC but we'll see... I'd be very interested, but maybe it'd beat the point of Dignics?

They just released Dignics 80 and 64, and 09C is on the LARC. Perhaps they're not done expending on the series.

Ohhhh. I just automatically assumed that there was an FX version. Good to know.

Colin Ksh
11-27-2019, 04:49 AM
I’m not a beginner but I can be said as an intermediate player, who’s still learning the techniques and tactics in table tennis. I’m reli in love with this blade. But may I know if this balde might fix with me. Thank u:)

thomas.pong
11-27-2019, 10:32 AM
I’m not a beginner but I can be said as an intermediate player, who’s still learning the techniques and tactics in table tennis. I’m reli in love with this blade. But may I know if this balde might fix with me. Thank u:)

How long have you been playing and what's your current setup (blade + rubbers)?

Colin Ksh
11-27-2019, 04:45 PM
I’ve been playing for around 2 and a half years frm now. I was quite addicted to table tennis since young but didn’t learn the techniques n tactics well during Tht time. Juz now. It’s been nearly 3 yrs Tht I’ve been playing.
My current set up is blade- juz an ordinary 729 blade
Rubbers- joola rhyzm p on both forehand and backhand
Thank u

thomas.pong
11-28-2019, 11:28 AM
I’ve been playing for around 2 and a half years frm now. I was quite addicted to table tennis since young but didn’t learn the techniques n tactics well during Tht time. Juz now. It’s been nearly 3 yrs Tht I’ve been playing.
Thank u

You could try the Harimoto Innerforce ALC with your current rubbers, although you could probably benefit more from a 5-ply all-wood OFF- blade with more control like the Butterfly Primorac or Korbel if you're still learning many of the techniques and tactics.

NDH
11-28-2019, 12:14 PM
Thank u

It's not the answer you want to hear, but no, the Harimoto blade will not be good for you. Nor will any carbon blade.

The vast majority of people (especially those starting out), would benefit massively from all wood blades for many, many years.

Until you can hit a booming forehand loop, or beautiful backhand loop, why would you need a carbon blade?

So if you want to genuinely improve, get an all wood blade and stick with it.

If you want a blade that you like the look of, you can get the Harimoto :)

Colin Ksh
11-28-2019, 04:44 PM
ok thank u for sharing your perspective:)

Colin Ksh
11-28-2019, 04:45 PM
okay. thanks a bundle for sharing the information :)