says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
In a recent video published by CCTV, Ma Long is imitating a tennis player as he messes around in the training hall with Zhang Jike. One can only presume Ma Long is most likely imitating Novak Djokoivic after the recent interview where Liu Guoliang said Zhang Jike and Novak Djokovic are very similar. As seen in this spectacular image below on how similar the two players are in terms of celebrations and actions on the court :)

Liu Guoliang commented to a reporter, "Both players are born with exceptional unruly personality and are very domineering"

Enjoy the video below! :)

zhangnovak.jpg

Zhang Jike (Red T-shirt ) Novak Djokovic (Blue T-shirt)

What do you think? The control these two players have on the ball is exceptional!

Reactions: ivandri
Administrator
Oct 2010
......feel like ive been treated like a dumb.....that video is nothing about they imitating Novak.....
please change the name of the thread or something.....disappointed....... really....dont want fake stuff

Hey Vitruososiu :)

Is Ma Long not doing a tennis serve at the start of the video? and my friend who speaks Chinese said that the players were imitating tennis players...

Its table tennis.. all good fun :)

Administrator
Oct 2010
Whoa! What a nice find Dan. Have never seen table tennis players do like this before :)

I think it's fun how the professionals imitate other professionals.

Yeah I love this! I think professionals need to do promotions like this more often! Its fantastic for the sport.

Fantastic! Haha, they have soo so so good feeling for the ball :D

You are so right Anders, they make this look so easy! I have practiced to swap sides in the training hall many times and can never perfect it no where near likes these two. I can imagine Ma Long and Zhang Jike can do this every time without fail :)

This user has no status.
You are so right Anders, they make this look so easy! I have practiced to swap sides in the training hall many times and can never perfect it no where near likes these two. I can imagine Ma Long and Zhang Jike can do this every time without fail :)

Yeah Dan, they make it look WAY to easy. I have tried it a few times with my coach, but it's hard hitting the other sider everytime.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Hi Admin, I didnt mean to offence or troll..... I am Chinese my self.... this doesnt help making any difference....
i mean, yeah, if u have to, they really lifted up their arms like tennis players......but its not like they were actually trying to initate....
the audio content does not mention anything about TENNIS.....:eek:

<3 table tennis

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Admin, I didnt mean to offence or troll..... I am Chinese my self.... this doesnt help making any difference....
i mean, yeah, if u have to, they really lifted up their arms like tennis players......but its not like they were actually trying to initate....
the audio content does not mention anything about TENNIS.....:eek:

<3 table tennis

Yeah I understand that :)... Ma Long is seen doing a tennis serve from the very start of the video,,, with the recent hype about Zhang Jike and his similarities with Novak Djokovic, I thought I would use Novak as a tennis player example for some fun. Anyways no worries :)