Help me on my first penhold Blade

This user has no status.
Hi, I'm new with c-pen blades and rubbers. When I was in highschool I'm playing cpen but with shakehand racket and I want to start again playing TableTennis.

Please help me decide.

What is the Difference between Offensive Classic CR and Offensive Classic CR WRB?

It is good to use Offensive Classic CR WRB as a penholder?

Thank you so much guys inadvance.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey PingPonger! :)

Nice username I like it! Heres a warm welcome to the site. I don't have much knowledge on penhold blades as I am a shakehand player myself, however there are many penholders within the site who will help you and will get back to the thread shortly. Have a fantastic time here! :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thank you sir Dan for your warm welcome.

This is a good site to ask things about TT. Thank you.

I'm sorry on my first post which is "It is good to use Offensive Classic CR WRB as a penholder? "

I mean.

It is good to use Offensive Classic CR as a penholder?

Thanks for the kind words

Oh I see what happened, I got confused on your other post you made hehe... Sure the Offensive Classic is considered one of the best blades ever. I think you have to personally try it yourself to get a good understanding if the blade is good for your game. I'm sure other members in the site will give you feeback shortly :)

This user has no status.
Thanks for the kind words

Oh I see what happened, I got confused on your other post you made hehe... Sure the Offensive Classic is considered one of the best blades ever. I think you have to personally try it yourself to get a good understanding if the blade is good for your game. I'm sure other members in the site will give you feeback shortly :)

Thank you sir for your reply. I'm looking to buy Offensive Classic CR as my first penhold blades when I have the money. Thanks again.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
WRB means that the handle is hollowed out so that it weighs less. I am not sure why one would want that with a penhold blade where the handle is already quite short. But they do make it. Offensive Classic CR is a very good blade. Offensive NCT would also be a great blade. Hard to go wrong with one of the Offensive Line Stiga blades.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
WRB means that the handle is hollowed out so that it weighs less. I am not sure why one would want that with a penhold blade where the handle is already quite short. But they do make it. Offensive Classic CR is a very good blade. Offensive NCT would also be a great blade. Hard to go wrong with one of the Offensive Line Stiga blades.

Yeah, me too Carl. WRB on penhold is redundant I think. Pingponger, usually WRBs are have heavier head, which is nice for handshake. From your choices, then I would say CR. But on open options, I would say Offensive NCT too, or if you have the budget, go for Rosewood V

says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
Nov 2011
it's true that offensive NCT has a fragile surface. you can seal the surface to avoid the damage/splinter, ofcourse before you attach a rubber

This user has no status.
Since it is 2012, Is their any difference between the quality of Offensive NCT today and the quality of offensive NCT from the past?
what I mean is, is the quality of the blade became higher?

And Do I really need to seal it? considering I will just replace my rubber when it was worn out.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Since it is 2012, Is their any difference between the quality of Offensive NCT today and the quality of offensive NCT from the past?
what I mean is, is the quality of the blade became higher?

And Do I really need to seal it? considering I will just replace my rubber when it was worn out.

i dont know the quality of Offensive nct in the past but ive seen an offensive NCT last week and the finish is kinda rough, IMHO it needs sealing to prevent splintering of the top ply, it plays good but the quality is low compared to butterfly, xiom or Yasaka. shaolin TT recommended Yasaka extra, if your looking for a better quality YE gets the upper hand or even the peter korbel