Please help me with my new rubber Cpen type

This user has no status.
Hi I'm planning to buy A new rubber for my Cpen Blade. I was wondering if it is good to have these rubbers:

FH: DHS Skyline 3 Neo

BH: Stiga Mendo Energy

I have a low budget so I can't buy Tenergy 05 or 64 that i wanted for my backhand.

It is ok to have Stiga Mendo Energy? We have a stiga distributor here in the philippines and they sell a small stocks of famous brands but not all.

Thanks in advance. God bless you all

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Welcome to the site PingPonger! Nice username I like it hehe. I am not a penhold player myself so I cannot really recommend on penhold blades as I don’t have much knowledge with them, however the rubbers you have mentioned are very good. I use to use both rubbers and had a great time with them :). The DHS rubber is of very high spin and speed and will be great for your forehand and serves. Mendo is very good on the backhand side as it’s a bit softer and allows that bit more control and feel that you need. Tenergy rubbers are not the be all and end all :).. Many pro's and great players out there use alternative rubbers.

Heres a very warm welcome to the site buddy, have a fantastic time here. The penhold members will get back to you shortly :)

This user has no status.
Welcome to the site PingPonger! Nice username I like it hehe. I am not a penhold player myself so I cannot really recommend on penhold blades as I don’t have much knowledge with them, however the rubbers you have mentioned are very good. I use to use both rubbers and had a great time with them :). The DHS rubber is of very high spin and speed and will be great for your forehand and serves. Mendo is very good on the backhand side as it’s a bit softer and allows that bit more control and feel that you need. Tenergy rubbers are not the be all and end all :).. Many pro's and great players out there use alternative rubbers.

Heres a very warm welcome to the site buddy, have a fantastic time here. The penhold members will get back to you shortly :)

Thank you so much Sir Dan. This is a big help for me to decide for my first rubbers. Your so kind. Happy to see this site.

Thank you so much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I will only comment about the FH rubber since I have no experience on the BH rubber.

How much potential Skyline 3 Neo is, may depends on your skill level. If you are some where beginner~intermediate, going for hurricane 2 or 3 neo will be never a mistake. However, if you are above intermediate, then skyline 3 neo is a good choice too. It just because that skyline 3 requires a little more adjustment than those 2. As my experience, it just not only the stroke.

This user has no status.
I will only comment about the FH rubber since I have no experience on the BH rubber.

How much potential Skyline 3 Neo is, may depends on your skill level. If you are some where beginner~intermediate, going for hurricane 2 or 3 neo will be never a mistake. However, if you are above intermediate, then skyline 3 neo is a good choice too. It just because that skyline 3 requires a little more adjustment than those 2. As my experience, it just not only the stroke.

Thank you dici for your advice.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hi pingponger:) welcome to site buddy.
About the rubbers, I must admit that I don't know much about Skyline3 Neo, but I do know about Mendo :) Mendo Energy is the softest of all the Mendo family, but it was developed prior the speed glue ban. Why don't you give Boosts TS or TC a try. They're great rubbers that would take you through a few levels.

This user has no status.
Hi pingponger:) welcome to site buddy.
About the rubbers, I must admit that I don't know much about Skyline3 Neo, but I do know about Mendo :) Mendo Energy is the softest of all the Mendo family, but it was developed prior the speed glue ban. Why don't you give Boosts TS or TC a try. They're great rubbers that would take you through a few levels.

Due to my low budget. I can't buy Boost TS or TC. I'm still at college so it's hard for me to earn money. But Mendo Energy is still a good rubbers for RPB?

Last edited:
says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
Nov 2011
These are good rubbers. Mendo is a fine allround rubber. I've used Mendo MP and it has a superior performance and i never glued it. Many people say Mendo MP is the best mendo out there. But i never compare it with Mendo Energy. Give it a try

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
i also dont know about penhold but TG3 neo is a good FH rubber, on BH it depends on your preference if you like softer rubbers go for energy if you like medium hard go for MP, i personally like my BH rubber on the medium hard level, but the speed difference between MP and energy is kinda big because MP is really fast even without SG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
What blade are you using?

I haven't heard of the BH rubbers you speak of but I have used both TG3NEO and H3NEO on FH on a CPen blade and from my experience TG3 was easier to use. With the H3 it was almost too fast sometimes and TG3 gives you more spin when you play for it.

By the sound of things you've never played with Chinese rubbers before which adds to the argument for TG3. Once you're used to it though I would recommend at least trying H3 as I am doing. It's much better at mid-range play (TG3 I hear is better for close to the table but I was never any good at that).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I recommend LKT XP Pro for a good starter rubber on the BH for RPB. It's got a fantastic throw angle, but still has the control and spin needed for those shots. Skyline 3 is also a great rubber and I play with it on the FH. At around $14 USD for the LKT rubber I would imagine it is very affordable on the BH. Really for the RPB you just need something that has a good and high throw angle and will help you to instigate the attack. But if you are more the type to smash with the RPB I recommend finding another cheap rubber (same price) like Outlaw, Six shooter, pretty much anything that has a soft to medium sponge and/or topsheet.