Performance loss (new glued) Xiom Omega iv euro - super first day - very bad 2nd day

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hello, i have a problem, i have bought two xiom omega iv euro (in max, in red and black) und glued these on my tibhar fortino pro blade, on the first day the rubber was perfect, super controll, much spin and tempo, and it reacted as i wished (ok i boosted it with one layer haifu seamoon, but i waited five days, so it should be ok),

two days later it was a mess, no controll and feeling, the blocks goes miles long, i lost against people who i never lost (normally 3:0 or 3:1 and here i made unforced error after error and had no chance to win, i was a different person)

after a week i bought this rubber again on the forehand and backhand, but it happened again, super first day, very much spin, controll and power, ---- but two days later, it plays like a dead rubber, low throw, the serves drifts to long, the chiquita goes to long and i had no grip on the rubber, topspins against backspin were a big problem, i had no power with the loops and they went very often to the net, did the rubber shrink, i could not explain this performance loss ?

i mostly hit my topspins on the edge of the rubber, maybe the rubber lost here all his tension ? i don't know, i don't think it could be because of the boosting with seamoon, but i could not find a answer to this performance drop

i glued the rubber with two layers of revolution no 3 glue and one layer on the blade, and pressed it on a rubber press for two days

could you please help me ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
i had problems with xiom if i do not boosted it too, i hope you have a idea, should i glue three layers instead of two ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
After boosting, the first day the rubber always has more speed and feeling. Second day characteristics change and they stay. I don’t know why but this has happened even to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
thank you for all the tips, maybe it is the revolution no 3 Rubber Cleaner & Rejuvenator, when i have a new rubber i don't need to clean it, two days later i cleaned it with this cleaner and played than, maybe it leaves a slippery film on the rubber, i clean my rubber now one day before training and put a rubber protection sheet on it, maybe it was the cleaner and thats the reason for the dead rubber and bad performance, we will see :))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
ESN rubbers are soaked in VOC chemicals. This is what you pay for. This effect lasts for a while and is then gone. Applying a booster to the sponge after this time makes sense.

Why you would want to boost a brand new ESN rubber is beyond me. You're pouring some liquid which most likely contains VOC or similar onto the already soaked sponge. Some kind of chemical/organic reaction obviously starts which in this case seem to destroy the factory boosting. Doing it once for testing purposes makes sense but why do it a second time if the first attempt failed?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You could always take the rubbers off, place the sponge side on plastic cover, let set overnight, and re-glue, then see how that dog barks. You might like it... then again...

if you do not like it, take the rubbers off, toss them in a pile, take a WWII flame thrower to torch the pile while dressed in uniform, live stream the shebang and charge 2 Euros a visit. If the Polizei ask what is going on, you could tell them you are getting rid of spiders as a neighborhood service.

You will soon be back in business before you know it.

Reactions: Dream2K