Opinion about my racket ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hey everyone! My first post on the forum.
I'm an intermediate level and offensive player. I like to loop top spin. I use side spin/backspin serves. I'm a forehand dominant.
I'm using right now :
Blade : DHS Fang Bo B2 Carbon
FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (2.2) not boosted
BH : Tenergy 05 (2.15)
How is my setup ? Is it a right setup for an offensive player ?

Thank you!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
TTD, I will be the one to pop the balloon.

The TT posters who in their first 5 posts make a thread asking an opinion on their setup prove to have a 99.82+ percent chance to not even be 1500 USATT (often much less), which is an average USA club level, which is still filled with thousands of holes... or a very young player just wanting to talk.

We experienced players have our opinions of un-developed players who use such a standard juggernaut attacking setup to develop a game. There is still hope with the right supervision and training, enough success could emerge.

If TTD were to pay me $10 USD for every thread (or general comment) created on this forum similar to this, I would be able to comfortably retire time now.

A lot of experienced players were rec players at one time and even on the forums while in rec status, so it isn't a terribly egregious situation compared to some others.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Is my blade DHS Fang Bo B2 Carbon still good for now ? Compared to Stiga infinity VPS V or Butterfly Viscaria
For offensive style, loop, top spin
Sure it is. Just don't give in to the EJ and stick to it for at least 6 month so you develop a feel for it.

I took that Infinity, because I played allwood all my life and somehow instantly loved it on my first shots with it. But it's just after over a year of play with it, that it's.. one with my arm, like a unity. Whatever shot you give to me I feel comfortable giving it back. That's just what you need at 9:9.

So if you love it and it suits your style: just stick to it and don't look at all the EJ threads. Grass only seems greener on the other side.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: alas26
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
... not even be 1500 USATT (often much less), which is an average USA club level, which is still filled with thousands of holes... or a very young player just wanting to talk.

Let's go off topic.

I'm quite fascinated with your ratings. Are there big gaps between 1500 vs 1600 vs 1700 vs 1800 vs 1900?

I recently saw a 2000 USATT guy being beaten (badly) by a 12 year old kid in my club who has a Swedish TTA rating of about 1500.

The next day I saw a USATT guy with a rating 2100 performing "quite" ok against adult players that are _GOOD_ (meaning second flight division in Sweden which means a rating a bit north of 2250 Swedish TTA). At least he took the odd set.

These two performance doesn't compute to me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Let's go off topic.

I'm quite fascinated with your ratings. Are there big gaps between 1500 vs 1600 vs 1700 vs 1800 vs 1900?

I recently saw a 2000 USATT guy being beaten (badly) by a 12 year old kid in my club who has a Swedish TTA rating of about 1500.

The next day I saw a USATT guy with a rating 2100 performing "quite" ok against adult players that are _GOOD_ (meaning second flight division in Sweden which means a rating a bit north of 2250 Swedish TTA). At least he took the odd set.

These two performance doesn't compute to me.

I don't know if I can answer this for you and furthermore, you didn't direct the Q to me but I'll say this... And you probably know this.

But TT is too much of a matchups game to form a solid opinion on what X rating is.

Player A beats player B. Player B beats player C. So player A should kill player C right? They're probably rated higher.... Yet I've seen time & time again this isn't always the case and player C will beat player A. Sometimes it's about matchups.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I don't know if I can answer this for you and furthermore, you didn't direct the Q to me but I'll say this... And you probably know this.

But TT is too much of a matchups game to form a solid opinion on what X rating is.

Player A beats player B. Player B beats player C. So player A should kill player C right? They're probably rated higher.... Yet I've seen time & time again this isn't always the case and player C will beat player A. Sometimes it's about matchups.

Player A (USATT 2000) also got beaten badly by other players that were maybe 2000+ here.

Player B (USA 2100) performed quite ok against players that are 2250+ here.

The difference between 2000 and 2250 here are light years apart. GOOD amateurs vs semi pros.

I appreciate that the US is a big country and that ratings probably differs depending on where you live.