Xiom vega pro and Rakza 7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I'm curious compared this xiom vega pro and rakza 7 and Stiga genesis M

Can you tell me the difference this three rubber.. in term speed, spin and control
In your experiences

And which rubber give more spin in serve?

Sent from my ASUS_X01AD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Kolev
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hi, I don't know about Genesis but I can compare the other two. Rakza is more dynamic, with a fairly pronounced "grab and release" effect and rather low throw. Probably easier to make vicious shots with a mid-powered loop. Vega Pro feels harder and dead-er, also safer one could argue - in terms of handling incoming spin mostly, and also for opening up on backspin due to the higher throw and smaller tensor effect. The ceiling in terms of impact strength is also potentially higher, although unless you are turning pro you won't have to worry about that with either one. But I actually prefer Rakza for countering (possibly due to the fact that I used it for much longer, and certainly due to the lower throw) and for thin-brushed shots. Passive blocks will also be more aggressive. I think most people with a bit of training behind them could use either one, it's more a matter of adjustment. The main thing to consider is that Vega Pro will require you to work more for your shots, which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on what you are looking for.
My understanding based on reviews is that, in addition to the tacky topsheet, Genesis M will be further down that road (not very dynamic and requiring active strokes / body engagement). Also, due to the characteristics I mentioned, Vega Pro (or Genesis, in this case) on forehand and Rakza 7 on backhand is pretty common combination, again depending on taste. I know I like Rakza on either side and Vega Pro on forehand, very much - VP on backhand, not so much (the throw is what bothered me most).

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hi, I don't know about Genesis but I can compare the other two. Rakza is more dynamic, with a fairly pronounced "grab and release" effect and rather low throw. Probably easier to make vicious shots with a mid-powered loop. Vega Pro feels harder and dead-er, also safer one could argue - in terms of handling incoming spin mostly, and also for opening up on backspin due to the higher throw and smaller tensor effect. The ceiling in terms of impact strength is also potentially higher, although unless you are turning pro you won't have to worry about that with either one. But I actually prefer Rakza for countering (possibly due to the fact that I used it for much longer, and certainly due to the lower throw) and for thin-brushed shots. Passive blocks will also be more aggressive. I think most people with a bit of training behind them could use either one, it's more a matter of adjustment. The main thing to consider is that Vega Pro will require you to work more for your shots, which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on what you are looking for.
My understanding based on reviews is that, in addition to the tacky topsheet, Genesis M will be further down that road (not very dynamic and requiring active strokes / body engagement). Also, due to the characteristics I mentioned, Vega Pro (or Genesis, in this case) on forehand and Rakza 7 on backhand is pretty common combination, again depending on taste. I know I like Rakza on either side and Vega Pro on forehand, very much - VP on backhand, not so much (the throw is what bothered me most).
I'm sorry too late answer, little bit busy this week

That's what I'm looking for, more dynamic and lower throw or slightly

In that matters, looping in third ball always go higher with vega pro. That's brothered me too.. even though i get a good quality heavy spin but make me in not good situation
Because the throw

Thank you for your explanations, best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Rakza 7 has more spin and better looping capabilities.
Compared to new dna medium? What do you think?

The price is almost about same price, not too much different

Also now dandoy still have black friday for the dna

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Great comparison! Couldn't agree more! :)

Reactions: Ioiettino
Compared to new dna medium? What do you think?

The price is almost about same price, not too much different

Also now dandoy still have black friday for the dna

The DNA M has a more bouncy sponge than Rakza 7. Vega pro has a lower throw than Rakza 7

Wow, I am not normally in a position to contest your assessments, but I am a little bit surprised by this. I guess it's the usual "technique matters", etc.

i tried this on several blades and the throw is medium to low while the Rakza 7 has a slightly higher throw at medium arc. The Vega Japan has the high throw among vega rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I always felt Rakza 7 'easier' to use than Vega Pro in the sense it is easier to get spin on slow to medium shots, slightly less bouncy on short game and has nice top-end speed and spin, but slightly 'slower' than Vega pro.

Vega Pro I find to have a firmer topsheet and it 'feels' slightly harder than Rakza 7. For me, VegaPro better on active blocking then Rakza 7, better on 'brush' serves and a higher top end speed. At the very top end, meaning a strong fast stroke, I feel Vega Pro might have more spin. It has a very nice spin to speed ratio when hitting harder.

For mid-distance to away from table counter looping, Vega Pro will have more speed and spin. Rakza 7 at full power-vs-power you will 'bottom out" a bit more easily than Vega Pro.

(Red color topsheet for Rakza 7 is more translucent, so easier to see the pimple structure outline through the topsheet. Vega Pro is more of a matte look for Red topsheet.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I always felt Rakza 7 'easier' to use than Vega Pro in the sense it is easier to get spin on slow to medium shots, slightly less bouncy on short game and has nice top-end speed and spin, but slightly 'slower' than Vega pro.

Vega Pro I find to have a firmer topsheet and it 'feels' slightly harder than Rakza 7. For me, VegaPro better on active blocking then Rakza 7, better on 'brush' serves and a higher top end speed. At the very top end, meaning a strong fast stroke, I feel Vega Pro might have more spin. It has a very nice spin to speed ratio when hitting harder.

For mid-distance to away from table counter looping, Vega Pro will have more speed and spin. Rakza 7 at full power-vs-power you will 'bottom out" a bit more easily than Vega Pro.

(Red color topsheet for Rakza 7 is more translucent, so easier to see the pimple structure outline through the topsheet. Vega Pro is more of a matte look for Red topsheet.)
Good explanation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I've bty in layer alc, still don't have rubber in it. I still not make decisions what rubber i will put on my bty
I know rakza 7 already have a good feedback with almost people, it's a save option

I have one rakza 7 unused, because i was take a wrong thickness in max, i like to buy in 2.0

I still not make a decision go for rakza 7 both side on 2.0 or Dna M

Sometimes we save some money for this and i just want to spend smartly and worth, that's different part of overthinking

I mostly play close to table to mid aggressively.. i like play on placement ball, get a lot of wins from placement strategy from my block, i learned a lot from screamoto and the legend waldner
I've a habbit give a heavy loop, i just like it to see an good arc with lot of spin[emoji3]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I play DNA M 2.1mm on my FH and rakza 7 2.1mm on my BH, so i would say
- Rakza 7 is a bit softer and open up on backspin ball is easier
- Rakza 7 is more bouncy in my opinion
- About the arc, it's pretty similar. Maybe DNA is slightly more direct
- DNA is a bit faster, also a bit better on short game (less boucy)
- very good grip on both, also spin is pretty similar

I like rakza on BH as it's easier to do flip and open up (I find BH open harder to do than FH open, so i appreciate the help from the rubber). And i like DNA on the FH because the contact feel more direct and consistent, also I like the feeling. I may take DNA M on my BH if i improve it a lot (not especially bad btw)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I've bty in layer alc, still don't have rubber in it. I still not make decisions what rubber i will put on my bty
I know rakza 7 already have a good feedback with almost people, it's a save option

I have one rakza 7 unused, because i was take a wrong thickness in max, i like to buy in 2.0

I still not make a decision go for rakza 7 both side on 2.0 or Dna M

Sometimes we save some money for this and i just want to spend smartly and worth, that's different part of overthinking

I mostly play close to table to mid aggressively.. i like play on placement ball, get a lot of wins from placement strategy from my block, i learned a lot from screamoto and the legend waldner
I've a habbit give a heavy loop, i just like it to see an good arc with lot of spin[emoji3]

You're right in saying that Rakza 7 is a safe option. It's an excellent FH & BH rubber for attacking players of all levels, and it plays well on the many blades I've tried it on.

My first coach who is USATT 2200 (France top 1000) has been playing with two Rakza 7's in max on a Viscaria for over 5 years and likes it way more than Tenergy which he finds too unpredictable.
I've just ordered 2 sheets of Rakza 7 in 2.0mm to try on my Harimoto as I've been considering switching to it for more control and safety.

PS: Wister's comparison of Rakza 7 vs. DNA M is great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I play DNA M 2.1mm on my FH and rakza 7 2.1mm on my BH, so i would say
- Rakza 7 is a bit softer and open up on backspin ball is easier
- Rakza 7 is more bouncy in my opinion
- About the arc, it's pretty similar. Maybe DNA is slightly more direct
- DNA is a bit faster, also a bit better on short game (less boucy)
- very good grip on both, also spin is pretty similar

I like rakza on BH as it's easier to do flip and open up (I find BH open harder to do than FH open, so i appreciate the help from the rubber). And i like DNA on the FH because the contact feel more direct and consistent, also I like the feeling. I may take DNA M on my BH if i improve it a lot (not especially bad btw)
Thanks for sharing, great comparison.

You're right in saying that Rakza 7 is a safe option. It's an excellent FH & BH rubber for attacking players of all levels, and it plays well on the many blades I've tried it on.

My first coach who is USATT 2200 (France top 1000) has been playing with two Rakza 7's in max on a Viscaria for over 5 years and likes it way more than Tenergy which he finds too unpredictable.
I've just ordered 2 sheets of Rakza 7 in 2.0mm to try on my Harimoto as I've been considering switching to it for more control and safety.

PS: Wister's comparison of Rakza 7 vs. DNA M is great.
Yess, are max thickness and 2.0 have much different? Or just slightly different

If i'm not mistaken, 2.0 give more control rather than max thickness? But slightly less spin than max

And max thickness give more spin and slightly less control than 2.0

And in 2.0 have higher chance to not bottom out easyly?

Is that correct?

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Yess, are max thickness and 2.0 have much different? Or just slightly different

If i'm not mistaken, 2.0 give more control rather than max thickness? But slightly less spin than max

And max thickness give more spin and slightly less control than 2.0

And in 2.0 have higher chance to not bottom out easyly?

Is that correct?

They're not very different.

It's not so much about spin than it is about speed and control.

2.0mm will be more controllable and a bit less fast than max. Max can technically generate more spin but it's less forgiving and you need better technique.

If you're a beginner or intermediate, I highly recommend you get 2.0mm, you'll get better results including more spin out of it than max.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
It's very personal, who suits me, "xiom" has always been very good and I praise them very much. For me there is great control during each exchange. And the click during the reflection :)