Life of table tennis blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,
I am playing with dhs w968 blade and absolutely love it. I just wanted to know that do blades last like a long time 10-15 years. Or do they become dead or slow after 2 or 3 years? Does the number of times you glue and I glue rubbers make a difference too? Please give information and share info on this topic as don’t plan on buying another blade for a long long time :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Don't worry, your dear 968 will hold up as long as you don't wack someone with it.

My oldest blade is made in 1976, working fine.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I thought I read once somewhere people claiming that Stiga blades with their NCT (which is some type of hard diamond coating.) wears off over years and therefore loses some of its hardness & thus power but I don't know. That's just one particular brand and line of blades which I'm not even sure Stiga features much any more.

I think it's awesome when I hear someone has a blade for 30ish years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hi,
I am playing with dhs w968 blade and absolutely love it.
[...]
Please give information and share info on this topic as don’t plan on buying another blade for a long long time :)

Beware that if you use your w968 for a long long long long long time, it may become a Long V

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I thought I read once somewhere people claiming that Stiga blades with their NCT (which is some type of hard diamond coating.) wears off over years and therefore loses some of its hardness & thus power but I don't know. That's just one particular brand and line of blades which I'm not even sure Stiga features much any more.

I think it's awesome when I hear someone has a blade for 30ish years.

Good point! My 1976 blade did have that issue (varnish crackling). But nothing a little sandpaper and a few new layers of varnish can't fix.