PDA

View Full Version : A day with Xu Xin

WiWa
02-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Uploaded on Stiga's YouTube channel. The last part is scary, I wonder how many tries he took haha.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/20993/46869_550x500_0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5P25njgcYA&feature=youtu.be

Anders
02-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Haha, was just about to upload this myself when I saw you post :p

Such nice that the brands are making videos about their stars, creds to STIGA for this! :D

But shame on you, all other TT-companies, go make som movies!! lol

YosuaYosan
02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Stiga has been making some damn fine table tennis videos lately :)

Thanks for the share man!

azlan
02-08-2012, 06:00 PM
The man looks the business. I'm gonna try that trick that he did, grabbing the TT ball with his nails, RIGHT NOW!!!:)

WiWa
02-08-2012, 06:03 PM
The man looks the business. I'm gonna try that trick that he did, grabbing the TT ball with his nails, RIGHT NOW!!!:)

Haha it is awesome indeed. I saw it for the first time when a guy from China came to study in the Netherlands and played at our club. I guess it is something they do as much as we bounce the ball on the table before serving, or stuff like that :p I can do it as well now :) (most of the time ;))

PlasmaLight
02-08-2012, 06:08 PM
really awesome video. i love xu xin so much :D he is so damn stoned all the time :D but he is really living and loving the game!! :)

azlan
02-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Darn it!! I only managed to get 4 times out 17 times I tried. I'll get it one day hahaha So you've seen it before Wiwa? This is the 1st time for me:)

WiWa
02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Darn it!! I only managed to get 4 times out 17 times I tried. I'll get it one day hahaha So you've seen it before Wiwa? This is the 1st time for me:)

Yep, you need quite a couple of tries to get it right, but the percentage of success goes up significantly if you keep trying ;)

sananas123
02-08-2012, 06:25 PM
3:48 !!!! 0_0 I can't do that!!! lol

Mattis
02-08-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm gonna try that trick that he did, grabbing the TT ball with his nails, RIGHT NOW!!!:)

SAME

Thanks for share Dan :-) so nice to watch

PlasmaLight
02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
did you noticed, that he is doing every important things with his right hand and not with his left? :D eating. insert keycard. glue his rubber and blade. using the remote control :D

WiWa
02-08-2012, 07:13 PM
did you noticed, that he is doing every important things with his right hand and not with his left? :D eating. insert keycard. glue his rubber and blade. using the remote control :D

You're right! I hadn't noticed it xD Maybe he was forced to be a lefty?

Kevzar
02-08-2012, 07:32 PM
awesome life

rodderz
02-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Yes very interesting, many thanks

sehskyle
02-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Hehe I finally understand why Xu Xin has such long fingernails... I can't do this, as I am a musician as well as player, and have to trim mine back. Now I have to grow them out a little just to learn that trick :D

Dan
02-08-2012, 11:44 PM

Wow great spot! I hadn't noticed that to! ... This proves he is naturally a right hander then! :)... Xu Xin is so cool, what a great video!

nabilatouni
02-09-2012, 12:16 AM
I thought Xu Xin was a naturally left-handed... XD

Yeah Stiga has been making really good videos :D And i'm so happy this was with Xu Xin, love this guy!! Thank you Dan.

cmetsbeltran15
02-09-2012, 02:10 AM
I thought I heard something somewhere about them using their off hand as an exercise, so maybe he is naturally left handed but just uses his right hand as part of the exercise

WiWa
02-09-2012, 05:53 AM
I thought I heard something somewhere about them using their off hand as an exercise, so maybe he is naturally left handed but just uses his right hand as part of the exercise

That is possible too. Using your 'wrong' hand increases coördination.

nabilatouni
02-09-2012, 06:39 AM
That is possible too. Using your 'wrong' hand increases coördination.

I agree I read that when you're able to use both of your hand you're more determined, more adaptable to new situation and and more apt to handle problems without giving up. That's why they force him to use both hand like Ma Long!

Dan
02-09-2012, 07:07 AM
I agree I read that when you're able to use both of your hand you're more determined, more adaptable to new situation and and more apt to handle problems without giving up. That's why they force him to use both hand like Ma Long!

Ma Long use both to? I've heard this theory before aswell, to use your non playing arm on every day activities.. Meant to be good for neuro system ect... I tried for a week. I need to start it again. One of hardest tasks is brushing your teeth with opposite hand :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

nabilatouni
02-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Ma Long use both to? I've heard this theory before aswell, to use your non playing arm on every day activities.. Meant to be good for neuro system ect... I tried for a week. I need to start it again. One of hardest tasks is brushing your teeth with opposite hand :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Yes I saw Ma Long using his left hand during training. And I think it's good for neuro system like you said, cause I use both my hand (accident when I was younger) and sometimes I'm more confident when I play!!

PlasmaLight
02-09-2012, 08:19 AM

yes he does :) he said it in an interview. for example using the left hand for his notebook ;)

Rhydian
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
You got the spot!! I think it increases coordination and such stuff :)
I know a player who is righthander but plays with the left hand on a very good level!!
Amazing!!
As I am a kids coach, when we play games, I usually play with my left hand, so I can improve haha ^^
Nice video ;)

Edit: That thing with the fingernails is crazy and these dubble rope jumps, I can do them too ;D

TableOhTennis
02-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Great!! this is something i would share to my chinese friends! STIGA makes a lot of docu stuff I love it! they should have put subtitles though.. I didn't like the dub..
I hope Butterfly would make some too for Zhang Jike and Liu Shiwen!

PlasmaLight
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Edit: That thing with the fingernails is crazy

yeah i tried it yesterday for a solid hour :D its not that easy. you really have to hit your nails. if the ball touch just a little bit of your skin .... baaaaaaang :D the secret is, to use just four fingers. dont use the little one! because you have to do a funnel, where the ball rotates in. but if you also try to use the little finger, you are not able to do a good funnel figure and the ball will jump away :D did you get it? :)
hope that google translator does not kid me. stupid special words :D

Anders
02-09-2012, 10:47 AM
yeah, I use to do that fingernail thing in tight matches so that I can show my opponent I'm calm and not afraid of him :)

judah000
02-09-2012, 11:15 AM
1:41-43 astonished me

dici
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
You're right! I hadn't noticed it xD Maybe he was forced to be a lefty?

He is natural right handed. He was forced to use left hand to play TT by coach during early childhood, because they found that his left hand is stronger than right hand. Sound strange right?

WiWa
02-09-2012, 05:00 PM
yeah i tried it yesterday for a solid hour :D its not that easy. you really have to hit your nails. if the ball touch just a little bit of your skin .... baaaaaaang :D the secret is, to use just four fingers. dont use the little one! because you have to do a funnel, where the ball rotates in. but if you also try to use the little finger, you are not able to do a good funnel figure and the ball will jump away :D did you get it? :)
hope that google translator does not kid me. stupid special words :D

Indeed, you bent your fingertips slightly inward, to make a 'bowl-like' shape with your nails being the inside of the 'bowl', where the ball can fit in and spin :)

Dan
02-10-2012, 10:25 PM
yes he does :) he said it in an interview. for example using the left hand for his notebook ;)

Ah awesome! I just found a cool article about various studies on neurons :)... if you go down the page just before half way there is a brain exercise called 'A Brain Exercise You Can Do Right Now'.. it suggests to use your mouse with your opposite hand, brush teeth with opposite hand ect.. Very interesting.. http://www.fi.edu/learn/brain/exercise.html

khalid raghban
02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
i liked the video so much but table tennis is everything in his life . i mean he has no time for family or friends
i think it's a hard life .

WiWa
02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
i liked the video so much but table tennis is everything in his life . i mean he has no time for family or friends
i think it's a hard life .

That is true, but in return he gets a life without work after he is somewhere between 30-40. That's with any professional sports player. You 'sacrifice' the first part of your life, but you don't have to work in the second part if you do it well :)

nabilatouni
02-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Yeah but it's still hard I mean they're young they need to get and meet friends, to have a life outside... And sometimes, they can see their family once a year just for one day, that's sad :(