Hard backhand rubber help

Long story short, i am using a TB ALC with a 39˚ hurricane provincial BS on my forehand. For my backhand, it Donic Acuda S3, which is a big mistake. I have came to the conclusion that I am more suitable to play with harder rubbers, as it has the potential to make the ball go fast or slow as I please. Any suggestions of hard rubber that I can use for my backhand?

Also does a rubber hardness affect dwell time? I'm sure it is. Is harder rubber less dwell time, or the opposite?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi, how would you rate your own skill level?

If just starting out, hard Chinese rubbers can be forgiving. But hard to generate enough power on the backhand.

If you are experienced, hard Chinese rubbers would be great (linear, high top-end) as you generate your own power.

For most mortals (like me), a medium-hard ESN is the sweetspot. But stay away from the modern 50+ Rasanters/Omegas, they have soft topsheets which makes them play like soft rubber. I'm using Mantra M on the backhand. I think its a bit too soft. Hexer HD is great (tight firm topsheet), Mantra H should be ok too.

Hi, how would you rate your own skill level?

If just starting out, hard Chinese rubbers can be forgiving. But hard to generate enough power on the backhand.

If you are experienced, hard Chinese rubbers would be great (linear, high top-end) as you generate your own power.

For most mortals (like me), a medium-hard ESN is the sweetspot. But stay away from the modern 50+ Rasanters/Omegas, they have soft topsheets which makes them play like soft rubber. I'm using Mantra M on the backhand. I think its a bit too soft. Hexer HD is great (tight firm topsheet), Mantra H should be ok too.

I got solid techniques. Play style can be categorised as a two winger. Sometimes I tried the hurricane on my FH to exchange a few backhand shot, flicks, loops during training sesh. And I get pleasing results from it. Better than my Donic acuda S3. More controlling, and more powerful if I apply the technique.

This user has no status.
I got solid techniques. Play style can be categorised as a two winger. Sometimes I tried the hurricane on my FH to exchange a few backhand shot, flicks, loops during training sesh. And I get pleasing results from it. Better than my Donic acuda S3. More controlling, and more powerful if I apply the technique.

If this is the case then H3 neo might be a good option for you. Small catapult and hard sponge/sorta tacky topsheet gives a high power threshold but lets you control the short game more. I've always liked Chinese style rubber on the backhand, but the super hard sponged ones are a little too demanding for the smaller stroke.