Faster BH rubber than T64 for Primorac blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hi All,
Currently I am playing with Primorac 5-ply wood, battle 2 45 degree on FH, and T64 on my BH. Latter I though of speeding up my game a little and tried xiom zetro quad blade with friendship battle 2 49 degrees on my Forehand and Blufire JP1 on my backhand (I borrowed the paddle with already glued Bluefire and empty other side, so I glue new Battle 2, but harder). After 3 training sessions I am not happy how my forehand goes: seems that I have less control and less dynamic range in speed: all balls are going quite fast, whereas with Primorac I was able to generate slow and fast loops (though not that fast as with Xiom ZQ, but good enough) and felt much more control. Also, I have never played with a carbon blade before. However, my BH smashes became much faster and harder with the Xiom blade, and I really liked it. Now, I am thinking to go back to Primorac and wondering what kind of rubber can be faster than Tenergy 64 on Primorac to get the speed similar I have with xiom ZQ+JP01? Also I often play backhand flick on the opening and wouldn't like to trade-off this possibility with other things. Thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Your blade switch may have been too dramatic. Instead, you could try a faster blade with the same construction and keep the rubbers you have. Korbel is basically a faster Primorac. There are other blades with similar composition.

Yes, this is what I am realising, but my thinking is maybe to change the rubber since it would be a bit cheaper. On the other hand, t64 is already fast rubber, I guess it is not easy find something faster and with the same level of control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I was very worried that I'd never find a good replacement of T64 for my bh till I bought Omega VII Pro. Initially I thought it was ok, but after one layer of FTL it feels fantastic in terms of control and playability