Budget alternative to Yinhe Moon Pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Ave,

Hi folks I am looking for an alternative too Yinhe Moon Pro. I've been using it for a month now. I love it. it is great. But either Yinhe does not produce it or is very picky about who can sell it. I've looked for it for about 2 months. Finally sourced it from Malaysia. The problem is that the shipping takes forever and it is not very cost effective. I would like to find an alternative. The sponge is soft-medium_hard while topsheet is medium tacky. I wouldn't mind more tack though, but I woudn't want sponge to be harder than 1 degree more.

I like it because I find it a good compromise between easy touch game of tacky rubber and forgiving forehand attack of softer sponge rubber.

From rubbers that are remotely similar to this, I've tried Bloom Spin. It also has tacky topsheet and sponge is also engageable, but it lacks power. Any suggestions appreciated. The only condition is that rubber has to be less then 30$, because that's what Galaxy MP costs on ebay.

I've heard that tibhar K1/K2 should be in somewhat similar ballpark, no? If yes then which is better?

Thanks for suggestions.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
SANWEI Target Pro 90
Thank you very much for your response. I can't find rubber matching your description though. As far as I know Sanwei marks pro versions on the packaging. This item has same packing as seen in your review, do you think it is the rubber in question?

In my local shops Xiom Vega Asia is about 24$, Asia DF about 26$ and China 30$ so it technically fits the budget. As far as I know you know Xiom pretty well, do you think it would the criteria? Or would it be too fast/ hard to control?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Gościu jesteś dziwny, pisze po polsku bo mam Cie dosyć totalnie, masz yinhe moon pro za 45 zł na Ali
Czy ty jesteś poważny?
Sorry guys, Kuba is Someone who will be first who tells you "his truths" on polish facebok group, je will be ballin with his "knowledge" but here on ttd he asks very easy question like He lacks attention at all

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
As far as I am informed the rubbers you are talking about are not Moon pro. On alliexpress only Yinhe Moon (product number 9032) and Moon Speed (9034) are available and indeed cost about 10-14$. None of them has tacky topsheet as far as I know and they do have different sponge.

The one I am talking about is Moon Pro (product no 9132), which has a tacky topsheet and purple sponge. It is available in wang zeng yi's shop, but only on 40 degree hardness which I dont't like and costs about 100zł (~25$).

PS: Sorry to anger you by mere existence and for pointing triple markups on polish facebook groups selling used Chinese rubbers.

Thank you very much for your response. I can't find rubber matching your description though. As far as I know Sanwei marks pro versions on the packaging. This item has same packing as seen in your review, do you think it is the rubber in question?

In my local shops Xiom Vega Asia is about 24$, Asia DF about 26$ and China 30$ so it technically fits the budget. As far as I know you know Xiom pretty well, do you think it would the criteria? Or would it be too fast/ hard to control?
That is the rubber. For xiom, better go with Vega China if you are into tacky rubbers.

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Thank you very much for your input but I did already found this listing long ago. Shipping is 9€ which Jack's up the price to 26€ and yet again, for that money I might as well try something better.

tt-store.eu FTW. The rubber you are looking for is there, and you can also find an alternative, Tuttle 888 ET, which costs just 10 EUR.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
tt-store.eu FTW. The rubber you are looking for is there, and you can also find an alternative, Tuttle 888 ET, which costs just 10 EUR.

It is available there but you can't choose color. So I'm guessing I am ain't buying it there.

82214949_1013925702306189_9212004379408728064_n.jpg

Sanwei target 90 has similar enough feel. It is cheap enough. Very similar in regards of tackiness. Since I was sick I couldn't test I thoroughly to make an accurate statement. But I am very satisfied with it. Yogi knows his stuff. I am feeling positive about this rubber. The only negative thing I can say is that square is small and it barely fits on the fake v.

Last edited:
It is available there but you can't choose color. So I'm guessing I am ain't buying it there.

View attachment 20569

Sanwei target 90 has similar enough feel. It is cheap enough. Very similar in regards of tackiness. Since I was sick I couldn't test I thoroughly to make an accurate statement. But I am very satisfied with it. Yogi knows his stuff. I am feeling positive about this rubber. The only negative thing I can say is that square is small and it barely fits on the fake v.

You can't choose a color because it's out of stock at the moment, but they are expecting a resupply before the end of January.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Is this the same rubber?
https://www.japsko.se/en/pimples-in...rovince-team.html?search_query=moon&results=2

Japsko is a very trusted reseller (owned by Marcus Sjöberg who has coached both Sweden and England). They're a Yinhe reseller so they can probably source the rubber for you if you contact them.

Nope, that's a moon topsheet (no tack) with big dipper sponge (yellowish). The one in question has a tacky topsheet (although with moons larc id on it) and a purple sponge. I got recently regular moon too just for gigles and tickling ej bug before yogi recommended me the Sanwei 90. Sanwei Target 90 proved to be not bouncy enough. I've started using the Burt Thor Hammer now and it feels exactly like the Moon Pro, but does not show physical tack and has tiny bit more power.

EDIT: Gambler Burst TH has become my replacement for Moon Pro. It's as good as the latter in all regards, in some even better.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
As far as I am informed the rubbers you are talking about are not Moon pro. On alliexpress only Yinhe Moon (product number 9032) and Moon Speed (9034) are available and indeed cost about 10-14$. None of them has tacky topsheet as far as I know and they do have different sponge.

The one I am talking about is Moon Pro (product no 9132), which has a tacky topsheet and purple sponge. It is available in wang zeng yi's shop, but only on 40 degree hardness which I dont't like and costs about 100zł (~25$).

PS: Sorry to anger you by mere existence and for pointing triple markups on polish facebook groups selling used Chinese rubbers.
Are you medium for both forehand and backand? I'm not sure if the Moon Pro is more of forehand rubber than the Sun Pro (both in medium).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Are you medium for both forehand and backand? I'm not sure if the Moon Pro is more of forehand rubber than the Sun Pro (both in medium).
A bit of an old topic, but I’m just trying Sun Pro now and I didn’t like it at all on the forehand - it was too soft. The backhand can be played, but I haven't quite figured it out. Topsheet has very wide pimples, which creates a strange feeling when playing.
Quite grippy rubber of medium hardness, feels softer and better Jupiter 3 Asia 39 on the backhand. The sponge is dynamic out of the box, but is inferior in speed to Euro-Japanese rubbers. Sun pro does not react to a booster as intensely as J3. It’s comfortable to create banana and topspin, block, there is non-linearity, but the feeling of the game is completely different, it’s difficult for me to describe.

Last edited:
Reactions: bh_faster_than_fh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
A bit of an old topic, but I’m just trying Sun Pro now and I didn’t like it at all on the forehand - it was too soft. The backhand can be played, but I haven't quite figured it out. Topsheet has very wide pimples, which creates a strange feeling when playing.
Quite grippy rubber of medium hardness, feels softer and better Jupiter 3 Asia 39 on the backhand. The sponge is dynamic out of the box, but is inferior in speed to Euro-Japanese rubbers. Sun pro does not react to a booster as intensely as J3. It’s comfortable to create banana and topspin, block, there is non-linearity, but the feeling of the game is completely different, it’s difficult for me to describe.
Ok so would you say that the Moon Pro is more a forehand rubber than the Sun Pro? So should I go with Moon Pro medium FH and Sun Pro medium BH?

Last edited: