I need new equipament

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hello I am an intermediate player and I really have to change my equipment, I am an offensive player that likes to play with the spin of the ball.
I was thinking about timo boll CAF and rozena on both sides. What do you guys think?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
INTERMEDIATE PLAYER? Need a new bat? Can't figure it out on your own? MUST to ask on a TT forum?

What do I think? I think you need to start thinking for yourself.

I think you will be out of 200 Euros where you could get appropriate equipment for 1/4 or less that cost.

Did you read the marketing propeganda, did a fanboy recommend that setup, or did that list come to you in a dream?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
To be more serious, the setup the OP describes is on the "fast" side of appropriate for developing player, but still, a relatively controllable OFF blade and modern control class rubbers are still enough to be within "zone" of the equipment being suitable enough to grow with. It is just a lot of money to begin with, but where there is smoke, there is fire.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Never tried the CAF, but being composite, that turns me off immediately.

Recommend starting with the Stiga Offensive Classic in "normal" (non-WRB handle). Rozena is fine.

Reactions: Der_Echte

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Or you could pull Iskandar and buy bazilion of M8, after all you need backup of your backup of your backup of your backup of your main blade :)

I think Iskandar is a secret bat-thrower. He needs a bazilliin M8s because when he misses an easy smash at 9-10 he tears them to bits with his bare hands. Just a guess.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
INTERMEDIATE PLAYER? Need a new bat? Can't figure it out on your own? MUST to ask on a TT forum?

What do I think? I think you need to start thinking for yourself.

I think you will be out of 200 Euros where you could get appropriate equipment for 1/4 or less that cost.

Did you read the marketing propeganda, did a fanboy recommend that setup, or did that list come to you in a dream?

I don't know that we can tell anything without seeing footage of Paola playing. But this post should get an award for one of the funniest posts I have read in quite a while.

Definitely try rackets from anyone who plays at the clubs you play at. Try lots. See what works for you.

On paper that setup sounds fine. But it is worth trying enough stuff so you feel, decide and know what you want for yourself. But still, seeing how you play would give us an idea of whether what you are thinking about is in the ballpark of useful for your level.

Reactions: Der_Echte
I just bought Andro Novacell All/ S for my son, put Rasanter R47 on 1 side, tested it for about 15min, and it felt amazing! Plenty of speed, great control. I would enjoy playing with it.
My normal setup now is Viscaria with Hurricane 3 Neo 39 Blue Sp. and Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 bh.
Andro blade with R47 felt very similar in terms of speed somehow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I don't know that we can tell anything without seeing footage of Paola playing. But this post should get an award for one of the funniest posts I have read in quite a while.

Definitely try rackets from anyone who plays at the clubs you play at. Try lots. See what works for you.

On paper that setup sounds fine. But it is worth trying enough stuff so you feel, decide and know what you want for yourself. But still, seeing how you play would give us an idea of whether what you are thinking about is in the ballpark of useful for your level.

I thought that sounded like it came from a thick school bully at best and, if I had been her (assuming it's a "her"), came here for the first time and received no other answers than this, it might have turned me right off coming back to this place. Which, for all we can tell, may well be the case. Super moderator - get a grip. I'm not saying you should really do anything about it, but to applaud it is something else.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I thought that sounded like it came from a thick school bully at best and, if I had been her (assuming it's a "her"), came here for the first time and received no other answers than this, it might have turned me right off coming back to this place. Which, for all we can tell, may well be the case. Super moderator - get a grip. I'm not saying you should really do anything about it, but to applaud it is something else.

We clearly disagree. And Der's second post makes it clear he is joking around.

But the good advice in there is that the OP should try as many different setups as possible before making a decision. Der's price issue, I don't know how important a less expensive setup is. For some it would be very important. For others, not at all. But Butterfly equipment is higher priced than most.

And any player who is at an intermediate level should not really need the advice of random people on the internet to know what would be good for their game. Someone who has gotten to that level should actually have tried enough different rackets to have an idea of what would be good for them.

If that is not the case, then the information to try as many rackets from people at the club you frequent is pretty helpful.

So, I think, while Der was being a clown, he was also slipping actual insight in there.

What I did was make what I felt was the important insight direct. Try as many rackets as possible.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think there are alot of speculating here since We Do not know about you level or style of play. If you have a coach Maybe he also can give you advice.

I think that as long as you go for too slow rather than too fast it is okay. Do not really matter What you chose, as long as it is not to fast.

I have Tried rozena and think they could work. I Do think that they are rather soft so with a too soft blade Maybe they Do not match well together.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl