Non-tacky hard top sheet + hard sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi guys, I'm looking for a "truly" hard rubber. Ie hard top sheet + ESN 50+ sponge.

Something with a topsheet at least as hard but preferably more than Mantra H and Hexer HD.

It's been a few years since I played inverted forehand, but I remember the older Omega 5 Asia to be fairly firm. Is anyone able to compare it with Rakza X? Any other suggestions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Thanks. Understandable, but I would like harder haha.

Any opinions on MX-S, Victas 401, Rakza X, and Omega 5 Asia in terms of topsheet and sponge hardness?

It's very subjective.
I've played some years with Omega V Asia and from time to time still check it again. For me its excellent in all departments, with a little minus on lifting heavy backspin, but it may be subjective too, as I hate to play with choppers. Last year I switched to Omega 7 Asia and I find it even better - faster, more spiny, easyer backspin lifting, almost twice the lifespan, especially the top sheet, which keeps grip and spin much longer than OVA. The only thing I somewhat miss is the feel of the thinner brush, with O7A the spin is there, and its even more, just the feeling of the thinner brush is less. But it may be subjective too.
I think you better try both.

Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Thanks. Understandable, but I would like harder haha.

Any opinions on MX-S, Victas 401, Rakza X, and Omega 5 Asia in terms of topsheet and sponge hardness?

Victas 401 is a semi tacky and quite slow rubber. Excellent if inverted chopping is your thing but probably not what your looking for.

Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Thanks guys, I just ordered an OVA. Hope my hazy memory of it is still correct. Also got the DNA H for a taste of "modern" soft topsheet+hard sponge feel.

Have a other few blades unglued so still welcome suggestions on the "hardest" non-tacky rubber you know.

I'm looking for the hard, juicy, crisp feel. Not the soft, bubbly, ploppy feel.

Thanks again!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hey guys, so I went out and bought the OVA, O7A, and DNA. DNA topsheet is the hardest of the 3, but still behind older generations.

Anyone compare the Rasanter and Rhyzer 50+ versions?

FYI, none of these make me play any better. I just want to scratch an itch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
The rasanter series is probably not what you are looking for. I find it to have a fairly soft topsheet which in my opinion gives amazing feeling but it does not sound that it's what you are looking for. Rasanter has a softer topsheet than DNA imo. Haven't played with rhyzer but my guess would be that it is similar to rasanter, tibhar evolution etc but hopefully someone who has forst hand experience with joola rubbers can comment on this.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I played with both Rhyzer 50 and rasanter 47/53

In my experience the Rhyzer 50 pro feels way harder because of the harder topsheet.
The pimples are closer together and makes the feel of the topsheet very hard.

Rasanter is the other way around , the sponge can be hard but the top sheet feels softer and makes the rubber feel overall softer. They even advertise this on their website:
The 53 ° sponge provides immediate feedback on ideal ball contact. You will be surprised how soft 53 ° can feel like.

So in short Rhyzer 50 pro hard sponge hard feel
R53 Hard sponge softer feel.

I like the hard sponge soft feel myself so Rhyzer 50 pro wasn't for me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Thanks Yogi, already got the Omega 7 Asia, sponge is hard enough, but overall feels softer than DNA because of the topsheet.