Tenergy Question

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I can't figure out whether to buy Tenergy 05 or Tenergy 05 FX. I have a relatively soft rubber right now. I know that the FX is softer than the 05 but I am afraid the quality isn't as good. What should I do?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Buy O5 if you are buying Tenergy ... don't buy FX ...my personal experience is that the ball feeling is much better with 05 , the softer FX dulls the ball feeling and is detrimental to your improvement. I used to use 05 fx for my backhand and my coaches changed it to 64 and I am much better now ( though I have drilled hours of backhand also but that is a separate point :) )

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
ttmonster is right. Buy 05. Take the time to get used to it. Tenergy 05 fx is almost like a recreational rubber in comparison to Tenergy 05. There is a big difference. If fx only cost $30.00 to 05's $75.00 I would say it is a toss up. But, Tenergy 05 is way way better. So it is an issue of quality.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah I agree with Carl here.. if you go straight to Tenergy 05 it will be a big difference to what your using. I would recommend the FX first as you want to gradually go from a soft to harder rubber. Do your friends use the rubber? Would be good to test it before you buy it :)