Top 10 Best Table Tennis Shots of 2019

Who do you think hit the best shot in 2019?

• 01) Edu Solsona no look shot

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 02) Liam Pitchford's behind the back shot

• 03) Timo Boll's behind the back shot

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • 04) Martin Biolek forehand bluff shot

• 05) Patrick Franziska's around the net shot

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 06) Kenji Matsudaira under the leg shot

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 07) TTBelgiumTV diving swap hand shot

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 08) Adriana Diaz lob shot

• 09) CCTV shot

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 10) Timo Boll's swap hand shot

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The year of 2019 will be one to remember! There were so many epic rallies and shots, and as always, we had the tough task of narrowing down to the final 10 to make the top 10 video!

We have compiled a video of the wackiest, craziest and best table tennis shots of 2019! Be sure to cast your vote in the poll above to find out who will be crowned the golden bat 2019 winner!

By voting above, we can narrow down to the best shot of 2019. Which player hit the best shot? Voting poll ends on 12/01/2020 at 23:59 GMT. Take part today! Watch the video then vote in the TTD poll above. Note: You need to be on a desktop to access the poll.

Have a fantastic new year on behalf of the TableTennisDaily Team!

So many unbelievable shots, who did you vote for and why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I think the "CCtv - 9th" team is the best. They deserve the award. But other teams are also good. Nice video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Привет всем. Поздравляю вас с 2020 годом. С холодного санкт-петербургского дня команда CCtv проделала хорошую работу. Молодец! Поздравляю. Я играю в теннис 24 года.

Три (3) тоже красиво, поздравляю. Хотелось бы, чтобы я видел видео раньше.

Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Salam qardaşlar. Bütün Azərbaycandan salam gətirdim. Əvvəlcə 5-ci komanda, bu komandanı videoya çəkməyinizə səbəb nə oldu? Pis deyil, amma məncə burada olmamalıdır. 7 ilə 9 arasında qalmışam. Ancaq məncə 9 nömrəsi daha yaxşıdır. Çünki masanın kənarlarında künclərə çəkin və geri uçun və masaya qayıdın və yenidən masaya sıçrayaraq havada uçun. Bu cür görüntü xoşuma gəlir. Bəyəndim. Səsim 9 nömrəli komanda. Uğurlar. Çox istərdim ki, Azərbaycandan gələb sizi görmək.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dan, you like swap-hand and behind the back shots too much. :)

Some of the shots are fun and funny. But, I think the shot that involves the most skill is the Fanziska around the net shot. Whether it is seen and understood, from a TT standpoint, that is the shot that takes the most skill in the video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Okay, I'm completely mystified. How is that 200+ people have voted for the rankest of amateurs playing a crap shot and fluking it bouncing off the net posts as "the best shot in 2019"? That is nothing other than luck. As Carl says, Franziska plays the best genuine table tennis shot.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, I'm completely mystified. How is that 200+ people have voted for the rankest of amateurs playing a crap shot and fluking it bouncing off the net posts as "the best shot in 2019"? That is nothing other than luck. As Carl says, Franziska plays the best genuine table tennis shot.

I could not have said this better. I 100% agree. It seems sad to me that a shot that is pure luck, hitting the metal base of the net construction and bouncing over to hit the net post on the other side, from someone who obviously cannot play would get more votes than a shot like Franziska's. :)

But I guess that is the world we live in.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don’t understand what happened in point #9

He punch blocked the ball, it hit the bottom of the net construction (the metal) on his side, bounced high over to the other side and hit the net post, and then trickled onto the table on the opponent's side.

It is a shot that should not have gone on and could not have gone on except as a result of a quirk in TT net construction that causes the net to be held in place by a metal bracket. The shot was outside of the table and lower than the top of the net, in fact, practically at the bottom of the net. And yet, people are voting it as the best shot as a result of pure dumb luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I could not have said this better. I 100% agree. It seems sad to me that a shot that is pure luck, hitting the metal base of the net construction and bouncing over to hit the net post on the other side, from someone who obviously cannot play would get more votes than a shot like Franziska's.
:)

But I guess that is the world we live in.

You are right, today 7.5 blllion people live in the world, thay can be vote. And Youtube, nowadays it works with new ways (trend video system etc.) I think YouTube is very important for this vote's results.

Nice day with tennis

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I don’t understand what happened in point #9

Ball clips left netpost, bounces up, comes down upon right netpost and ricochets onto the other table half.

It’s unusual but not unseen, and as has been pointed out no skill was involved.

Many of the others do show exempliary skill and creativity.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ball clips left netpost, bounces up, comes down upon right netpost and ricocheting onto the other table half.

It’s unusual but not inseen, and as has been pointer out no skill was involved.

Many of the others do show exempliary skill and creativity.

It actually hits the metal base of the net construction first. Not the post. Look closely. Slow it down. The ball drops dramatically just before it gets to the net. With out the metal base, it would hit the bottom of the net. But it hits the metal construction and takes that crazy bounce. On the other side, right side of screen (FH side of player who made the shot), it hits the post. But the first contact is with the metal at the base of the net.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
What does "best shot" mean? Judging by the votes and by last year's winner, I'd guess it means "luckiest/craziest/most unusual" shot.
If that's the case, I can agree on who has the most votes.

Still, as some have already said, it's a bit frustrating that a shot that came from an amateur and that required no skill whatsoever to execute ends up winning.