This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
My actual setup:

Stiga All Round Classic WRB
FH DHS Hurricane 3 National Team 39º OS
BH Giant Dragon - Talon National Team OX

Style:

FH looping (more side spin than top spin) and eventually some block. I make the side/top spin from ground and I use all my body & arm not a lot of wrist like I desired: I guess due to the fact the my strike is hard.

BH block-pusher close to the table & eventually some chop to middle distance when can't stay close to the table.

Personal:
When the fast glue era I played with two BTY Sriver-L max in a Stiga Super Carbon blade, mine style was clearly attack both sides, many friends told me my best stroke was the BH. Time passed & 10 years ago suffered a car accident & the knee of left leg was seriously damaged letting my knee bend only 30% & the left leg a little bit shorter than mine right leg also now I'm 60 years old that's the reason of changing style.

After a lot of tests arrived to my actual setup but I feel can't get all the power needs the H3 national team 39º using mine all round blade. I don't want to give up my long pimples or my blade because it seems it's my final setup for BH that's the reason I'm looking for a rubber similar to Sriver-L with speed glue feeling, I don't like the spring sponge rubbers & without control keepin in mind that now I'm playing close to the table. An option will be a rubber with thin sponge to counter attack with flat stroke the first soft with arc top spin received. I'm open to suggestions for the FH.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Merlin, unfortunately speed glue replacement effect has never been perfected. But the older generation German (ESN Tensor) rubbers did a good job approximating the feel.

Aurus, Xplode, Fastarc G1 should be safe bets (similar specs). Look for hard topsheets for better flat hitting.

Don't recommend the new soft topsheet trend, seems like they are sacrificing everything to facilitate a slightly easier time looping, not as crisp and direct for flat strokes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Anything will lack grip compared to H3.

I use G-1 on my FH since September (used C-1 and T05 before that) and find it excellent for smashing and flat hitting. The rubber changes quite a bit after 3-4 weeks once the factory treatment starts to fade.

how long do you use one sheet of G-1?

**Edit: I noticed that you just switched to G-1 in September. So, I guess you are still using that sheet. What about C-1 durability then?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I used the C-1 for about 4 months and the G-1 for 4-5 which was way too long. I just replaced it last week and the difference is obviously huge. The G-1 has better durability (bought both sheets from TT11 at the same time).

Edit: I typically train 6h/week and maybe 1-3h of league matches or tournaments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dream2K