New custom bat - Can't wait for tomorrow - And hello everyone!

This user has no status.
This morning my girlfriend had a surprise for me in bed. My first custom table tennis bat had arrived right at our door mat on the third floor and I woke up feeling like it was my birthday.

First training with the new bat is tomorrow 19.30 and I can't wait to try it out. I went from a Palio Expert II bat with CJ8000 rubber through a short time trying my friend's Yasaka Sweden Classic with Xiom Musa III and now I'm ready for my BTY Andrzej Grubba blade with BTY Rozena 1.9 FH and BTY Sriver FX 1.9 BH.

And I also wanted to say hi to everyone as this is my first post. I started slowly with table tennis back in February 2019 at the age of 32. I didn't expect to pick up a sport in a club, but after the first training session I was in love. I have started playing a team tournament early on and I have a terrible record so far with only two wins. Nonetheless I'm learning all the time and improving my skills. This is only the beginning.

I've also found a great interest in table tennis literature however sparse it is. I have read 8-10 books with topics ranging from table tennis philosophy, history, politics, sports psychology to training tips.

The hills are alive with the sound of ping pong!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
This thread started like an interesting novel. Then it went back to tt, as usual.

That's what we come here for.

But yes, I also hoped for a more entertaining spectacle.

moodpainter: welcome to the family. Live long and smash hard!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I'm enlivened by your enthusiasm. But your girlfriend had a surprise for you in bed, and the first thing you think about is table tennis?

Hah, yeah. The surprise was that she found the package on the door mat and brought it to me in bed, so I could wake up as if it was my birthday.

I guess we live in a ping pong centric world :D

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If I had a TT delivery and I was still in bed, wife woulda clobbered me over my head in my sleep until I bleed out.

Having said that, ur bat is in the lower end of middle of the road that will give you a shot at improving under guided training. It takes time. I was flaming hot garbage when I started TT.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
the implied meaning is
"get your strokes developed, rather than goofing around about equipment, you're probably gonna blame your equipment, if you wont get your strokes right."

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
the implied meaning is
"get your strokes developed, rather than goofing around about equipment, you're probably gonna blame your equipment, if you wont get your strokes right."

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

I have spent quite a lot of time to find my second table tennis bat. Yesterday was my first training with it and I must say that it felt good.