PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Technology that a Table Tennis player of a coach can use?

FastPong
01-23-2020, 08:14 AM
Lets discuss the best new technology that we can use to improve our skills in table tennis? Any suggestion

FastPong
01-23-2020, 08:38 AM
What do you think about this?

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14Zg8cAWE3KVjSZSyq6xocXXa1/Fixed-Table-Tennis-Practice-Serve-Training-Device-Sports-Exercise-Ping-Pong-Machine-Robot-Ball-Boia-Self.jpg

Kuba Hajto
01-23-2020, 08:51 AM
What do you think about this?
Worthless, beer bottle works much better. Also it is dual purpose, if it falls down it means you suck at brushing.

FastPong
01-23-2020, 09:19 AM
the content was disturbing someone so deleted

An0n
01-23-2020, 09:28 AM
Next level marketing strats you guys have. First pretend to talk about some random TT training equipment and then plug your own, completely different product, in the next post lol.

moodpainter
01-23-2020, 09:56 AM
Next level marketing strats you guys have. First pretend to talk about some random TT training equipment and then plug your own, completely different product, in the next post lol.

Yeah, that could definitely have been approached in a much nicer way. Product seems interesting, but marketing strategy needs to be improved.

FastPong
01-23-2020, 12:00 PM
no we dont have the product yet what we are trying to do is some more development which related to both product so that how we want to discuss about both product and might more products in order to vary our design and functionality.

igorponger
01-23-2020, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkhvJOuLbfE

FastPong
01-24-2020, 02:32 AM
I was very interested in this glass and did quite a lots of studies around it. This is a very cool device that was develop by Nike (call it Vapor Strobe Eye wear) base on older studies like (Tsimhoni1999 & Reschke 2006) that say Stroboscopic have benefits visual motor action. They are using Liquid crystal filtered lenses to alternate between clear and opaque this type of training is related to visual perception and performance.

The results of many studies conclude that by forcing to operate in an impoverished visual environment, might some of the visual abilities improve once return to a normal environment.

The problem of this type of training is that the person cannot use the eye wear for about 15 minutes and need resting every few minutes. And that was the biggest barrier that they couldn't market the glass.

I have never used the glass, Do you have any experience with using the glass before?

wappak
01-24-2020, 03:15 AM
EJ technology is mostly use in table tennis lols...

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Baal
01-24-2020, 04:12 AM
Video. Nothing else comes close. Let the player see what they are doing.

As for that thing in post 2? No.

Lula
01-24-2020, 04:29 AM
Something to film with. When people actually see What i mean progress start fast.

bricec
01-24-2020, 09:00 AM
Something to film with. When people actually see What i mean progress start fast.
Aaahhh... if only everybody carried a camera in their pocket!

jokes aside, I’m a bit surprised that video-based training hasn’t become the norm given how easy it is to actually do it nowadays

Lula
01-24-2020, 10:23 AM
Just use an old tripod and buy a mountingdevice for the phone.

Wister
01-24-2020, 11:57 AM
I have the thing in the second post and i liked it. It's not perfect but it's nice to do kind of shadow strokes but with a contact on a ball. For the price, i find it worth it, even if i haven't use it a lot (5 to 10 times)

FastPong
01-27-2020, 05:02 AM
Thats very important Lula I'm totally agree with you as also there are many studies support your comment which mentioned about the importance of the video play back as extrinsic feedback provider. But I guess we have to comes up with a method to classify the videos in order to make it easier and faster.

FastPong
01-27-2020, 05:07 AM
I also think it is still beneficial specially as a king of shadowing because you would shadow in the right position where you have to hit the ball. Because I think when you are shadowing in front of mirror without estimating about the height of the table and the position of the ball it has some negative effect in terms of motor learning. (I remember when I was a junior player we had a Korean coach strongly forcing us to shadow in front of the mirror and at that time i could relies its not so good for my level at that time "just a personal experience") therefore I guess this can be helpful to many learner.

FastPong
01-27-2020, 05:13 AM
Is there anyone in our forum who has used this before? I would love to hear your experience https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2233/7993/products/Double_rebound_board_table_tennis.jpg?v=1562291890

mickd
01-27-2020, 05:56 AM
I liked how one of the coaches I know had balls half colored in black and half in white in such a way that you can very easily see how much the ball in spinning and in what direction when practicing serves. He made like 40 of them.

FastPong
01-27-2020, 07:07 AM
That's brilliant actually I have just tried training with a cross loop lines but I must tried the way you said. Thanks~~