Qatar Open - ttGuru's Stats

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
qatar2012guru.jpg

Congratulations to the winners, and to Lee Jung Woo!

Regards,
ttGuru

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Here's an interesting factoid.
In the Women's Singles round of 32, Park Mi Young beat Barthel Zhenqi 4-3. The draw shows Barthel was disqualified after the match however, so the scores are voided and could not be included in my statistics.
This was the result: 2-11, 11-8, 6-11, 17-15, 14-12, 9-11, 11-8
That's a massive 146 points. If the "German" player had not been disqualified, it would have been the second longest match in the Qatar Open. :)
Makes me wonder if she was DSQ'd for her bat, or got a red card...
At the World Championships last year Kirill Skachkov lost to Kim Min Seok 11-2 in the 7th game, and was disqualified after the match for losing his temper and damaging court surrounds etc.
This doesn't happen very often, and it's always 'hush hush.' Conversely, in Tennis the tantrums are shown again and again! How this ever became a sporting 'highlight' is a mystery to me...
We're fortunate Table Tennis is such a civilized sport, whose players have great self control (except Chen Weixing), but it's reached the opposite extreme with Chinese players' complete lack of emotion upon winning World Tour events. Only occasionally do they celebrate, especially the women.
This is a huge deterrent for tv viewers and needs to change!