Help: looking for a ALL blade with a thick handle

This user has no status.
Hi, I'm looking for an advice finding a well balanced ALL, ALL+ or OFF- blade with a large handle. I just got an ANDRO TP LIGNA ALL, which was supposed to be "...made with exceptionally comfortable handle" (according to the producer), but the handle is actually short and horribly thin, even compared to my nittaku violin :( I liked the old Stiga legend handles, but it seems Stiga is abandoning those - the new Stiga Nostalgic Allround has only the smaller master handle. Help, I'm out of ideas, I'm sick of returning blades back to the shops, they will ban me soon :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I would suggest Timo Boll Allround/Offensive blades. Have just bought Timo Boll Allround ST handle a week ago and very satisfied with very big ST handle (Cheap as well). I think that Butterfly Timo Boll Line is produced for European/American markets which prefer big handle because I could not find those on Butterfly Japan website.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi, I'm looking for an advice finding a well balanced ALL, ALL+ or OFF- blade with a large handle. I just got an ANDRO TP LIGNA ALL, which was supposed to be "...made with exceptionally comfortable handle" (according to the producer), but the handle is actually short and horribly thin, even compared to my nittaku violin :( I liked the old Stiga legend handles, but it seems Stiga is abandoning those - the new Stiga Nostalgic Allround has only the smaller master handle. Help, I'm out of ideas, I'm sick of returning blades back to the shops, they will ban me soon :)
I was in the same situation as you, almost bought an Andro TP Ligna All, but I had the opportunity to try it on a stand before buy, I realized that the handle it's not for me.
My suggestion is to order custom blades. If you have a blade which you like you can ask for a custom handle for it or order an ALL blade with your specifications.
At usual length of 100mm in commercial blades the handle is too short for me and even if I like FL handles they usually have a super thin neck, for me they are not comfortable. The default thickness and length of commercial handles IMO are for people with small hands.
BTW, I noticed that a lot of the mistakes I do are because I hold the blade incorrectly... and the reason is the small and thin handle.

Last edited:

Ray

This user has no status.

Ray

This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I was thinking about buying an OSP blade, but they have only one size flared handle and I'm afraid to order blindly after several hits and misses. I was looking at OSP EXPERT POWER ALLROUND BLADE... also I have some doubts if it's really possible to craft quality blades by hand?

Regarding your doubts, you'd be amazed! Besides, you can ask for FL handle thicker than standard FL.

IMG_20200102_101915.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I was thinking about buying an OSP blade, but they have only one size flared handle and I'm afraid to order blindly after several hits and misses. I was looking at OSP EXPERT POWER ALLROUND BLADE... also I have some doubts if it's really possible to craft quality blades by hand?

You can find the measurements of the their handles on the website, and compare to anything you have under hand. They will also make custom handles, upon request. Fantastic blades.
If you are looking at this kind of market and prices, ARTTE blades are also reported to have chunky handles and both great finishing and playing properties (Italia All, in your case?). I have never seen one in the wild, though.
https://www.arttetelai.com/en/

Edit: seeing you use a Violin, do you know there is a large version of it (LG)?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe try antomic handle? Maybe suit you better

This user has no status.
I am using the Large Handle version of the Violin, or at least I ordered this version on tabletennis11, and it said Large Handle on the box, however, written by hand. And interesting fact - I wanted to sell it on the forum, there was one person interested, but he asked for the measurements and when I sent them, he wrote that my version is not the LG. So now I'm not so sure if I actually have the LG version.