The best wood blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
What do you think is the best wooden blade? Players will sure have their favorites chosen for qualities like speed, control, flex, feel, vibration, etc. I know of some very good players who will never touch carbon or composites, maybe he knows something?

How about you, what is your favorite wooden blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I wonder why no-one haven't said Nittaku Acoustic and Violin!!
I have played with both YEO and Korbel and they don't compare to the Violin that I'm playing with now!
Some people call the Violin and Acoustic the holy grail of all-wood blades.

they say its good but here in our country its hard to find nittaku blades and rubbers, it would have been great to try it since i read so many good reviews about it

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Clipper (Off) is the top of the list. Very cool blade. You have to hit with one to understand how good they feel.
Avalox P-700 (Off)
Stiga Tube Offensive (Off)
Stiga Tube Allround (All+/Off-)
Stiga Energy Wood (Off-)
Stiga Allround Oversized (All+/Off-)
Stiga Allround NCT (All+/Off-)

All of these are all wood blades that feel great. They all are made with the same wood plies (except the Avalox P-700 has one ply that is different) and the Clipper and the Avalox P-700 are 7 plies while the rest are 5 plys.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
they say its good but here in our country its hard to find nittaku blades and rubbers, it would have been great to try it since i read so many good reviews about it

It's also hard to find in Europe since Nittaku focuses most on Japan. I traded my BTY ZJK and 25 euros for a new Violin. I found a guy in Holland who had it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
They say those Nittaku blades are good but, for an all wood blade they are more expensive than they should be and if I was going to spend that much on something that is all wood I would get:

Stiga Rosewood NCT V or
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V
I thought that it was about the best allwood blade not about the blade being pricey or not :)
The Stiga Rosewood and Ebenholz trouly are nice looking blades, but poor manufactured and with a funny film added on the topply. I played the Rosewood, nothing speciel. If you want hard wood as the outerply better go for the Yasaka Extra Special wich I think is a fantastic blade and better than the YEO aswell.
The Violin is still my favourite! Would like to try the Tenor though!!

This user has no status.
Stiga Tube Allround , very good feel and control , still fast enough (i would rate it AR+)

You can't go wrong with this one , in general the Stiga wood range has a great quality !

( I also know the Andro Super Core cell All+ is a great allround wood blade, it is faster than the Tube Allround, so less controlled, but better offensive potential, it has 7 wood layers).

Last edited:
says Hello guys!!! :) Im new here. I would be happy if...
says Hello guys!!! :) Im new here. I would be happy if...
Jan 2012
Absolute Timo Boll Forte OFF (5-ply) Its fast,its realy flex,good felling (best of my all blades i tryed,Even better than Timo Boll Spirit :D ) good control....GOOD EVERYTHING :) Of all my blades i try : TBS, M.Maze(more exp. blades), All Primorac and korbel blades... Timo Boll Forte OFF is the best. :)

Reactions: yoass