How does the Rakza 7 Soft compare to Rozena as a backhand rubber?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Having tried both, they feel very different. Rozena is slightly harder, and has a different bounce, a firmer bite to it.

Rakza 7 Soft is spinnier (in my experience) in the lower gears, Rozena is spinnier and faster in the high gears, and has a higher overall top end. I found it a treat to serve with R7s, but had trouble keeping its responsiveness in passive play under control in serve reception and the short game.

For my game I felt Rozena was better suited, but I know people that have played well with R7s for a long time, with pleasure, and that developed well with it too.

Reactions: thomas.pong
I have not tried Rozena, but I played a bit with R7s, and I liked it. The only thing I would suggest is to pair it with a faster harder blade. But its a great rubber for intermediate players.
My son started playing not long ago, he has Mark V on his BH. R7s is going to be his next BH rubber.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I was wondering if anyone has tried both the Rakza 7 soft and the Butterfly Rozena and how they compare one to the other. Thank you for any insight that you have.

Rakza 7 Soft (40 deg) is quite a bit softer than Rozena (45 deg) and they feel very different. R7s is more bouncy and dynamic, is more sensitive to spin, and has a higher arc. Rozena is more controllable and forgiving, and linear.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Which rubber would you say is easier to lift underspin with?

Well like I said, Rakza 7 Soft is softer, has a higher arc and is more dynamic, so technically it is easier to lift underspin with. That isn't to say it's not easy to lift underspin with Rozena because it's an overall "easy" rubber to play with.

Lifting underspin mostly comes down to technique though, so I'd focus more on the other characteristics that these 2 different rubbers have, described in my previous post.